Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter State fish??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

http://www.muscatinejournal.com/articles/2009/01/23/news/doc497a87d69b7b3484264999.txt

I came across this on the web and found it interesting. Anyone else heard anything about it?

TeamAsgrow
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I would have to agree, nothing wrong with the state fish being a channel cat.
    It is abundant and in every body of water in the state. Id vote for a whisker fish to be our states official aquatic represenative

HideHunter
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Poor old George Marzeck (outdoor writer and artist), down at West Burlington, tried to get that accomplished for close to 40 years. I’d have love to seen it happen, just for his sake, before he passed away. I had a stack of material on my desk three inches thick documenting his efforts.

If it ever does pass, I swear the old boy will have a second coming. 😉 :mrgreen:

river
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: HideHunter

Poor old George Marzeck (outdoor writer and artist), down at West Burlington, tried to get that accomplished for close to 40 years. I’d have love to seen it happen, just for his sake, before he passed away. I had a stack of material on my desk three inches thick documenting his efforts.

If it ever does pass, I swear the old boy will have a second coming. 😉 :mrgreen:

I agree. How hard could it be? No offence to the bluegill crowd or anything, but I never seen them pushing for that to be the state fish. C’mone legistlators lets
    get-er-done. (Chant) Cat…Cat…Cat…Cat…Cat…Cat…Cat…etc……….

River

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.