Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Sprit Lake Muskies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Any information on how good/bad Muskie fishing can be on sprit. I will be there this fall for a visit & would do some Muskie fishing if it is a decent lake. Or could there be other lakes near by.

JustinC
    Participant
    Up
    Down

“decent” is open for interpretation…decent for Iowa yes, some big fish live in the lake. Decent compared to MN or Canada..No. I like West better myself both lakes you’ll have a very good possibility of fishing all weekend without seeing or catching a muskie.

reiser0543
    Participant
    Up
    Down

well maybe I can get one of those big guys. If any one will be up there late Sept maybe we can hook up. Send me a PM. Been to Canada many times & fished several days with out a bite so I know that drill Justin. Thanks for the reply.

Dick Reiser

littlealfet
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have not targeted Muskies for quite a few years, but back when my son and I spent time fishing Bass on West Okoboji in the fall ( September and October ) we would get quite a few Musky follows. Mostly fishing docks and shallow weed lines. If you spend your time between both lakes you should at least get some follows. Any of the Bays on West Okoboji should be places to start. Good luck.

rich_fisher69
    Participant
    Up
    Down

You can definitely catch muskies on Spirit! I’ve caught some big ones accidentally while fishing for walleyes. Then when I TRIED for muskies… nothing!! 😡

reiser0543
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Well your information will give me a starting point. I will have to get a good lake map. Been trying a long time to get a 50 incher in LOWs. Have had a number of 49 inchers but could not stretch them to 50. I better hurry up as I am 72 & running out of time. If I get another 49 maybe it will make 50. Ha.

reiser0543
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I received some lake maps of Sprit. I also got some of Okoboji since it was so close. If you would compare lakes for only muskies which one do you think has the most to offer?

Coonsqualler
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Fox Lake a short drive away in Sherburn, MN is another great place to catch muskies up in that area.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Don’t overlook East Okoboji.

reiser0543
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for all reply’s. Grandson starting turbine school in Esterville so gives me a good chance to try out new places to muskie fish in the area. MN lakes will be welcomed also & thanks for that direction.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.