Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing Spawn?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any thoughts on where we stand in the cycle? Interior rivers or lakes. What has anybody been seeing? The river around here has been pretty wild
    and haven’t seen much.

whip2whip2
    Participant

I think it is winding down up here in North Central Iowa. Could be wrong though.

whip2

Participant

This year without a doubt is the worst walleye fishing I’ve ever experienced. Around here you would hardly guess there was a “spawn”. The water levels around here have done zero to help already sluggish fishing…

Participant

Wondered. Just have to give them and the weather time to settle in. Really had a roller coaster ride the last few weeks.

Blocked

I cleaned walleye last weekend that had females with eggs and males milking.

Participant

I don’t know what kind of conditions you folks are facing down there but up here in NW Iowa the spawn bite has been awesome. The walleye fishing has been insane.

Participant

On the Cedar and Wapsi around here it has been hit and miss for sure. One hot day followed by a few not so hot days.

Participant

Quote by: Brad+Phillips

On the Cedar and Wapsi around here it has been hit and miss for sure. One hot day followed by a few not so hot days.

No doubt, eastern iowa sucks this year and I’ve been a ways south and north.

Blocked

Just got home from fishing and caught males still milking. The bite is definitely after the sun goes down.

Participant

Quote by: Philly

I don’t know what kind of conditions you folks are facing down there but up here in NW Iowa the spawn bite has been awesome. The walleye fishing has been insane.

Where abouts in Northwest Iowa? I am from that neck of the woods. Only had minor luck in the Des Moines river and Silver lake (Palo Alto county).

Blocked

Quote by: Philly

X2. Same way for me. Still catching males milking tonight. It will be over before long. Can only last few days like this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.