Home Forums Hunting General Hunting southern hog hunts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Where has everyone gone hog hunting at down south? I want to take my 14 year old on a hog hunt and wondered a good place to go.

Participant

Id highly recommend going to Texas and do a thermal hog hunt

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Where has everyone gone hog hunting at down south? I want to take my 14 year old on a hog hunt and wondered a good place to go.

Just got back from hog hunting, I sent you a PM.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant

Ecfirearms would ya tell me bout your experience huntin in ok?

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Ecfirearms would ya tell me bout your experience huntin in ok?

2nd year we have hunted in OK.  both trips were successful.  4 of us went this year, got 6.  Should have gotten a couple of more, but for hunter mistakes.

During the day we hunted over dogs and used knives on the hogs.  At night we used night vision on our rifles.  We shot two hogs at night, knifed 4 during the day.

Largest was 275lbs.  We have seen bigger, but have not got onto one yet.  It’s fair chase so no guarantees.  No tags or licenses required, kill as many as we want.

Plenty of hogs and the damage pigs do is incredible.  They will eat anything.  The ranchers want them gone, but that will never happen.  They breed like rabbits.

We hunted 2.5 days/nights, had a blast.  We will be going down again next year.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by ECFirearms ECFirearms.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

tonyawbreytonyawbrey
    Participant

ECFirearms, Can you share with all of us what outfitter/where you went I am interested in planning a trip for me and some buddies possibly and wanting more info.

Participant

Any pics?

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Any pics?

I tried for half an hour and can not get more than one pic to show up.  WTF?

Participant

Which outfitter did u use?

Participant

Nice hog btw

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Any pics?

This is one of my hunting buddies that went with us for the first time, he got two.  One with rifle, one with knife.

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Id highly recommend going to Texas and do a thermal hog hunt

Have you hunted with thermal?  We did NV this year, worked great.  Thought about getting thermal.

I would say the upside of NV is cost and good range with IR light.  Downside is your looking through a scope so FOV is limited.

How would you compare the thermal?

Participant

Yes we did thermal. It was pretty neat. Went with a guide we drove around with no lights on and found the hogs. Talk about creepy driving down roads with no lights on! We killed around 13 or so and some got away after being hit. It was definitely a trip worth takin!

Blocked

“ECFirearms, Can you share with all of us what outfitter/where you went I am interested in planning a trip for me and some buddies possibly and wanting more info.”

“Which outfitter did u use?”

This is obviously top secret classified info!!  Do not ask again!

Participant

So what’s the big deal about giving us info on the guide you used?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.