Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum South Dakota Glacial Lakes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What are your favorite lakes in South Dakota to fish and camp??????

Thinking about early June and looking for input from members.

If you have had great fishing at certain lakes in South Dakota or just loved the campgrounds please share. Thanks, Robbie

Participant

Quote by: rericsson

What are your favorite lakes in South Dakota to fish and camp??????

Thinking about early June and looking for input from members.

If you have had great fishing at certain lakes in South Dakota or just loved the campgrounds please share. Thanks, Robbie

are you looking for numbers or quality? I go to school up at SDSU so i got plenty of lakes for you to possibly try. If you want PM me

Participant

Big Stone.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Never fished there, but Sylvan Lake is awesome scenery!

Participant

poinsett is a good place to start to catch walleyes at least but the size will be on the smaller side. I personally love the challenge of bitter and waubay and the quality of those fish speak for themselves. but depending on your style of fishing their is a lake for everyone up here.

Participant

Any camping at Bitter or Waubay? Would like to take my wife and maybe do some bike riding too. Any roads around Waubay or Bitter. Heard they are mostly gravel? thanks for the input guys. Robbie

Participant

x2 big stone

Participant

Only have small pond jumper with trolling motor. Can I use that at big Stone in June or is that too large body of water? robbi

Participant

Only have small pond jumper with trolling motor. Can I use that at big Stone in June or is that too large body of water? robbi Any small towns newar Big Stone?

Participant

Ortonville

Participant

Quote by: rericsson

Any camping at Bitter or Waubay? Would like to take my wife and maybe do some bike riding too. Any roads around Waubay or Bitter. Heard they are mostly gravel? thanks for the input guys. Robbie

Well Bitter has Bitter Lake lodge with some camp spots. they Fill up fast and there is no cover from wind and if you know SD you know its rare to not have wind. Bike riding , ehhh, roads aren’t really set up for that unless you are a serious bike rider. There is another campground at the far NE corner of Waubay but that would be even worse for biking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.