Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Snowmobiles and Tresspassing??

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had rope lights that ran down the side of my driveway and were powered off my yard light post. snowmobiles this week blew through the center of my yard (not the ditch or end of the driveway) on the way to the field. I no longer have rope lights or a working yard light. the lights were rolled up and hung on my porch with a note said traps are illegal and if these were run through the yard again they would call the police on me…. until this year I’ve never had a problem with snowmobiles in my ditch or crossing the driveway. I wish whoever left me that note was adult enough to come knocking on my door so we can talk about it.

Participant

Couple of posts with a wire about 4 feet off the ground should pretty well take care of the problem. People who would turn you in for things they think are unsafe when they are trespassing need to be culled.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: PaulB

Couple of posts with a wire about 4 feet off the ground should pretty well take care of the problem. People who would turn you in for things they think are unsafe when they are trespassing need to be culled.

Asshats that suggest things like this need to be culled.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Quote by: stick500

Is it even the DNR’s job to go after illegal dumpers? I would think some other dept. would be in charge of that, but I could very well be wrong.

DNR does more than wildlife and parks – they oversee all waste disposal (landfills, etc.) in the state as well. So yes, illegal dumping is 100% in their ballpark.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Quote by: PaulB

No I don’t think you really want to do that. We get the point though.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Me and the group that I road with always stayed on marked trails. We also would ride on the farms of the group. But when we did this we had all kinds of people riding there too. Group riding is fallow the leader so if they take a wrong turn they all do. And not all sled owners are members of local clubs. They want to ride there for free and go any where they want. And not all sled owners are bad guys but a few wild idiots give all sled drivers a bad name. I can not ride anymore but the group that I was with still ride and stick to marked trails and are member of the local clubs one drives the groomer for the club! We would go out on a loop of trails and we would drive 125 mile all on marked trails and we did that on all old sleds too. The newest one was a 1982 artic cat I drove a old 5500 blizzard we always had fun too! So I know what a few bad guys can do as we lost parts of the trail because of guy ripping up fields and fences. We did get them back after we found out who did the damage when the guy was getting his sled fixed. He took out 30 feet of fence and part that were left there fit his sled. And he gave up the other 3 guys that he was riding with too. They all pay for the damage and had to work for the club on the trails after joining!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.