Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Snowmobiles and Tresspassing??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: bowfisher

Quote by: speng5

Quote by: Team+1HD

By owning a snowmobile, does that automatically give you the right to Tresspass wherever you feel like?

No, running coyotes with hounds and morel hunting does.

And Shed hunting 😀

Don’t forget coon hunting as long as you are making a list..

Participant

B) hey if we are dreaming add access to iowa trout streams

Participant

Yep maybe add people hunting public ground to that list too. I really dislike it when I get walked in on or when I pull up to hunt my favorite public spot and someone has rudely beat me to it.😳 However a snowmobiler paying state taxes to buy one, paying state registration, and a state trail pass seams fine in a public ditch to me. I do agree trespassing or riding in someone yard is just wrong I would recommend calling your local dnr, with the exception remember most towns from the sideway to the curb is city property.

Participant

and shed hunting

Participant

I live in town. Single family ranch style home, average neighborhood. New guy and his girl friend move in next door over the summer. Say Hi to them but don’t see much of them during the summer. Winter comes and we get a nice snowfall.

One evening I’m sitting in my home watching TV when I hear an engine noise close by and getting closer, real close. I’t’s a snowmobile and it’s headlight beam flashes thru my front windows and across the inside wall. The operator has come from the street, into my driveway, across my lawn traveling within 8 feet of the front of my home and parked in the next door neighbors driveway in front of his garage.

The guy driving is the new guy who just moved in! Lets just say I asked him not to do that again.

Participant

Quote by: Boonergold

Yep maybe add people hunting public ground to that list too. I really dislike it when I get walked in on or when I pull up to hunt my favorite public spot and someone has rudely beat me to it.� However a snowmobiler paying state taxes to buy one, paying state registration, and a state trail pass seams fine in a public ditch to me. I do agree trespassing or riding in someone yard is just wrong I would recommend calling your local dnr, with the exception remember most towns from the sideway to the curb is city property.

Calling the DNR is a complete waste of time! I had a tresspasser and illegal dumper busted dead to rights with the evidence they left behind including their full name and address.. DNR officer laughed at my wife and said his job didn’t include picking up trash. Ended up cleaning up everything myself and was then told by higher ups since i had touched it and packaged up evidence that it would be inadmissable. Bottomline they were to lazy to come check it out in the first place!! Thank God that officer is no longer in our district..

Participant

Quote by: Boonergold

Yep maybe add people hunting public ground to that list too. I really dislike it when I get walked in on or when I pull up to hunt my favorite public spot and someone has rudely beat me to it.� However a snowmobiler paying state taxes to buy one, paying state registration, and a state trail pass seams fine in a public ditch to me. I do agree trespassing or riding in someone yard is just wrong I would recommend calling your local dnr, with the exception remember most towns from the sideway to the curb is city property.

You’ll get quicker and better results from calling the local snowmobile club. They’ll come out and rope off the private property to keep sleds on the right of way.

Participant

Like any sport, a small population are inconsiderate of others. About half of the new sleds sold in Iowa never see Iowa snow, they go north or west. Those marked trails are done by volunteers to keep the sport safe and help appease the non-sledders. You’d be surprised the man hours that go into each trail.

In case you couldn’t tell, I am pro snowmobiles.

WhipWhip
    Participant

When my son was 15 we we’re visiting my folks and my wife’s in Iowa. As we we’re leaving my son asked how did I find outdoor things to do here with so little access? I had never thought that much about it until he asked. Houses and roads every mile and all the fences and farms how did you have space to roam without other folks getting mad? I looked him in the eye and said that’s why I moved to Wyoming. Hundreds of thousands of acre’s of public lands to roam and only 450000 people in 93000 square miles. 😀

Whip

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Actually if they are just traveling thru and not hunting or trapping, causing damage to ones property and if asked to leave and they do then there’s nothing that can be done to them.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

stick500stick500
    Participant

Is it even the DNR’s job to go after illegal dumpers? I would think some other dept. would be in charge of that, but I could very well be wrong.

Participant

Never had a problem with snowmobiles. Now that atv/utvs are legal to ride on designated county roads we have had problems with people tearing through hayfields and entering our fields even though our gravel road is not a designated atv route. The S.O. has been good to work with as well as the atv/utv club.

Participant

Snowmobiles no problem, since thge grass is dead. NO harm done. they go across my front lawn. Usually few times a year if they have the snow.
    What trips my trigger is the neighbor in town that lets his dog crap on my front lawn as he looks the other way and he never carries a scooper.

So, guess it just depends on what your defintion of triggers is. Last time that happened I called my neigbor up and said, Hey, can you knock that off. Oh, no problem, wont happen again.

Guess if I wanted a dog I could clean up his or her mess….. NOT MY DOG SO DONT LET HIM DUMP ON MY LAWN. THAT TRIPS MY TRIGGER.

Thanks, Robbie

Participant

Quote by: stick500

Is it even the DNR’s job to go after illegal dumpers? I would think some other dept. would be in charge of that, but I could very well be wrong.

1. It was along the banks of a creek.
    2. The proof was there for Tresspassing.

Not sure why it would not fall under the DNR’s Jurisdiction. I mean we know how bad they want the water in this state cleaned up right??

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: Team+1HD

Quote by: stick500

1. It was along the banks of a creek.
    2. The proof was there for Tresspassing.

Not sure why it would not fall under the DNR�s Jurisdiction. I mean we know how bad they want the water in this state cleaned up right??

Unless it’s a hunting/fishing related incident always start with the local PD or County Sheriff and let them escalate if needed. Calling a state law enforcement agency for trespassing gets you where it got you, nowhere.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.