Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Snowmobiles and Tresspassing??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant

By owning a snowmobile, does that automatically give you the right to Tresspass wherever you feel like? Just from what i have seen in the past week i would say most must say yes!

Participant

Quote by: Team+1HD

By owning a snowmobile, does that automatically give you the right to Tresspass wherever you feel like?

No, running coyotes with hounds and morel hunting does.

Participant

Lol, this is exactly why I hate snowmobiles.

Participant

drives me nuts. I hate snowmobiles because of this. around me they go everywhere. what I really don’t like is when they ride through my ditch and cross my driveway. Yes, I know I don’t own the ditch, but I have to look at the ugly tracks it makes in my ditch

Participant

Used to be an open gate seemed to be an invitation to them. Now, with more and more fence lines getting pulled, they seem to go wherever.

I see it with ATV’s to a lesser extent, but frustrating all the same.

Participant

Another good question is why are they any different than ATV/UTV’s when it comes to law enforcement? I’m not allowed to ride the ditches or roadways, why are snowmobiles allowed to?

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: speng5

Quote by: Team+1HD

By owning a snowmobile, does that automatically give you the right to Tresspass wherever you feel like?

No, running coyotes with hounds and morel hunting does.

And Shed hunting 😀

Participant

As someone who used to ride snowmobiles, most people do follow the laws. There used to be (not sure if they exist still) clubs in many counties (especially NE Iowa). Those clubs would mark the trails and hazards. They would also get permission from land owners to run the trail across the farmer’s field. So many times when you see them running across a field, they might actually be following a marked trail. I used to ride from the Janesville area and we could ride all the way up to Waukon on trails. We could ride almost to Independence on trails. Again, these trails would be marked in ditches, through parks, and across private fields. But to be a marked trail, the club had to have permission from the landowner (does not include ditch).

Participant

Probably non-residents checking out all of the new properties they leased out from under good ol boys who felt entitled to hunt them for free…

Participant

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Probably non-residents checking out all of the new properties they leased out from under good ol boys who felt entitled to hunt them for free…

Participant

I wondered who the first butthurt sled owner woukd be.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Personally snow mobile riders in ditches and crossing my driveway doesn’t push any of my buttons, I like to see people outside having fun and I don’t see any harm. But everyone has their buttons, I am sure some things bother me that would make many of you would classify me as an old curmudgeon for too.

Participant

GET OFF MY LAWN

stick500stick500
    Participant

Yeh, they used to go in front of my place in WI on a designated trail and I would see/hear them only occasionally, and I always enjoyed seeing people having fun on their sleds and wished I could have joined them!

I am an ATV, dirt biker, snowmobiler, and mountain biker from way back so I know all about how tough it is to find access to ride, but what great sports when you have the opportunity.

Really appreciated whoever, private or public lands, would give us the green light. Good family sports, too. First went snowmobiling with my grandpa in the early ’70s and wouldn’t give up those memories for anything.

Participant

😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.