Home Forums Hunting Waterfowling Snow Geese

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I saw 36,567 ���½ snow geese flying over Oskaloosa at noon today. Just inside orbit. Big Grin

Ha! Pretty sure I saw the same flock…It looked like the last two were juveniles (‘:)’)

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Has anyone been having any luck with geese in the Iowa fields this March? I’ve seen more geese sticking around than normal, and it seems like it would be a decent year. A good sized group just left saylorville again this a.m.

Participant

Saw about 500 of them dam near land in Adel yesterday.

Participant

Quote by: IaCraig

Has anyone been having any luck with geese in the Iowa fields this March? I�ve seen more geese sticking around than normal, and it seems like it would be a decent year. A good sized group just left saylorville again this a.m.

We did great last weekend. Setting up again tomorrow

Participant

What a difference 24 hours makes. Went to Council Bluffs today. Snows/blues from yesterday gone. Onawa south along I29 tons of small ducks where there was open water. Only scattered Canada geese. Wind went southeast, transit geese vanished.

Participant

Quote by: coyoteman

Has anyone been having any luck with geese in the Iowa fields this March? I�ve seen more geese sticking around than normal, and it seems like it would be a decent year. A good sized group just left saylorville again this a.m.

You up at the pond by wilsons. They were thick up there.

Participant

Quote by: svridersv

Quote by: coyoteman

Has anyone been having any luck with geese in the Iowa fields this March? I�¢ï¿½ï¿½ve seen more geese sticking around than normal, and it seems like it would be a decent year. A good sized group just left saylorville again this a.m.

You up at the pond by wilsons. They were thick up there.

No. we are hunting the nishnabotna bottoms. Yes that thing is loaded up, we only have field snow decoys so we are leaving the pond alone.

Participant

We went on Saturday and had an incredible shoot. Bagged 64 Birds. Jumped them on a pond. The guys that we were hunting with also had a big spread set and they we’re not seeing many birds and only bagged 11.

Participant

Has anybody tried hunting them over water? I have never snow goose hunted but there’s a spot I could wade into by an island they there currently around. Was wondering if throwing white trash bags over some Canadian decoys would work and also blowing up some white balloons just to make the spread a little bigger?

Participant

I made a snow goose water spread. Bought flambeau mallards for $16 a dozen and painted them white. Looked awesome. It pulled singles and pairs really well, small groups also but not quite as well. I eventually decided that I liked late ice fishing better than goose hunting and quit going. Father in law sold the decoys. I wasn’t mad, but I would have liked the money. I would do it again if I lived where I couldn’t fish late ice.

Participant

Just put with the dogs. Snows by the 1000s going over. Stood out there for about 10 minutes and they were still going over.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.