Home Forums Hunting Waterfowling Snow Geese

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

North of Knoxville for the last two days, the Snow geese have been moving. Space shuttle altitude

Participant

FYI…I have seen and heard A LOT of snows and blues today in the Iowa City area. Several giant flocks on the move.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Yep – I was in Missouri last weekend, and on Friday night while I was grilling outside I heard a lot of squeaks that were not the local Canadas. I wonder how far north the snow line goes.

Participant

Many flocks of snows flying over central Iowa today also.

Participant

lots of snows and specklebellies flying up the cedar river at Palo. a fantastic sight and sound

kelkel
    Participant

Saw 2 huge flocks of snows and blues, today, in Jasper Co. both flocks very high, about 20 mins. apart. Both flocks were going back south, why would that be??

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

Quote by: Daver

FYI…I have seen and heard A LOT of snows and blues today in the Iowa City area. Several giant flocks on the move.

I was outside this afternoon and THOUGHT I heard them up here in Cedar Rapids. I got about as birdy as a lab when I heard them, haha. They must have been super high up, because I didn’t see them, but heard that squeaky honk of theirs.

Participant

They are flying big time over SE Carroll and SW Greene County today. Probably saw 5,000 of them while dropping kids off at school this morning. They were flying low and looking like they were headed to feed.

On a different note, I also saw first robins of spring this morning.

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

Monday, I saw many big v’s flying in the morning over scott county. Usually don’t see them over this way too much.

I find it amazing how it all seems to happen at once with these birds… Totally cool.

Participant

Heard and saw the first Killdeer yesterday. Later in the day I heard and saw a Redwing Blackbird. Oh and huge flocks of geese headed north. Spring is near.

Participant

Quote by: bugs11

Heard and saw the first Killdeer yesterday. Later in the day I heard and saw a Redwing Blackbird. Oh and huge flocks of geese headed north. Spring is near.

I had a yard full of robins this morning!

Participant

Huge flocks of snows and blues flying over Denison area around noon today, starship altitude. Saw first robins last wknd while ice fishing.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

I saw 36,567 ½ snow geese flying over Oskaloosa at noon today. Just inside orbit. 😀

Participant

Between Ames and Boone this morning thousands were flying over. Saw a huge group in a corn field on hwy 17. They were flying every direction but east.

Participant

Quo
    te by b wfisher

I saw 36,567 �½ snow geese flying over Oskaloosa at noon today. Just inside orbit. 😀

cool,but what happened to the 1/2 goose?…failed to reach orbit, I bet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.