Home Forums Hunting Archery Slick Trick Viper Trick 100!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, as a head’s up, i switched from Muzzy 4-bladers to the Slick Trick Viper Trick 4-blade this season. I haven’t shot a deer yet, but I want to let everyone know that these truly do shoot the same as my field points, and that is no BS. Very accurate right out of the package and I cannot wait to see how they perform on a deer if I am blessed with an opportunity. These were the best overall penetrating fixed head according to the IS testing this year, and I am looking forward to some spray paint in a few weeks.

Good luck fellas!

Participant

Your bow must be tuned well. I struggled to get them to fly great. When I shot them I just adjusted my site.

I will say the few deer I shot with them died quick.

Participant

Sorry to hear you had a different experience Maxx, but I am glad to hear that terminal performance was very good.

Participant

I wouldn’t call it a bad experience.

My point more than anything is if your bow isn’t tuned you are not going to get any fixed blade head to fly like your field tip. A few years later I got my bow tuned and then it was shooting darts with my field tips.

I don’t think the head always is the issue. Funny thing was all my fixed blades were flying together just not with my field tip. Once I tuned with one head I was good with the others.

Participant

I’ve shot several deer with the slick trick magnums and always had excellent flight out past 60 yards with them. Plus, they are as durable as any head I’ve ever shot, and better than most.

Participant

Maxx- when you say you had your bow tuned, what was actually done to it?

I have a Hoyt Ultrasport that is almost 10 years old, and it was a $400 bow brand new. Basically an entry-level split cam and a half Hoyt. I have a whisker biscuit, 6″ Sims stabilizer, sims vibration dampeners, braided wrist sling, and a HH Sports single pin pendulum sight. I shoot a string loop and use a Tru-Fire 360 Extreme release. Other than a new zebra string a couple years back, and a couple turns on the limb screws I have never modified any part of the bow.

EDIT- I forgot to mention i shoot full length Cabelas Carbon Hunter 60/80 arrows and put on my own NAP quick fletch quick spin ST wraps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.