Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Skull Hanger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Years ago I bought a Skull Lok hanger at a gun show. I like the concept because the skull was secured to part of the hanger and then that part fit into a base that was mounted to the wall. You can pull the skull off of the base to hand it to someone, but when it is attached to the base it is secure.

I don’t think he makes them anymore and I have not found a hanger that I like as much. I am looking for other ideas that will provide the same security and flexibility.

Do any of you have any other hangers that are as secure and removeable?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: kelcher

Years ago I bought a Skull Lok hanger at a gun show. I like the concept because the skull was secured to part of the hanger and then that part fit into a base that was mounted to the wall. You can pull the skull off of the base to hand it to someone, but when it is attached to the base it is secure.

I don’t think he makes them anymore and I have not found a hanger that I like as much. I am looking for other ideas that will provide the same security and flexibility.

Do any of you have any other hangers that are as secure and removeable?

I run a wire through the skull holes and hang. Works great.

Participant

Have you, by chance, checked out Skull Hooker?

Participant

I have looked at Skull Hooker, but it looks like the skull just sets on the post. If it is bumped from below will it just fall off of the post? The Skull Lok had a rod that the skull attached to and it fit into a sleeve. It did not come out of the sleeve easily if bumped.

I do have some skulls mounted flat ( vertical ) on walnut slabs too, but I kinda like having the angle.

Just trying to see if there was something out that that I hadn’t seen yet . . .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.