Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Skinny deer

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: jgib551

I will wager there will be a lot of these deer shot during the gun season when they are being driven by standers at mach 2 that probably wont get tagged.Hard to judge how healthy deer are when they are running at full speed.From all the pictures I have seen posted this appears to be a rather wide spread problem.

🙄

Participant

Karem Carpenter, that was too easy.

Participant

I will wager there will be a lot of these deer shot during the gun season when they are being driven by standers at mach 2 that probably wont get tagged.Hard to judge how healthy deer are when they are running at full speed.From all the pictures I have seen posted this appears to be a rather wide spread problem.

Participant

Quote by: brandon1718

why cant we have just a piecefull conversation i mean really yep were going to shoot these deer and just let them lay really!!

Not sure why you’d be upset at jgib551’s comment. Seems to me that a quick death from a slug would be a more humane/less painful/much quicker way to go out that death from whatever disease shrinks you down to nothing and you slowly waste away from it. Tag or no tag. Sick animals get put down all the time.

Participant

Quote by: ccezpat

why cant we have just a piecefull conversation i mean really yep were going to shoot these deer and just let them lay really!!

Not sure why you’d be upset at jgib551’s comment. Seems to me that a quick death from a slug would be a more humane/less painful/much quicker way to go out that death from whatever disease shrinks you down to nothing and you slowly waste away from it. Tag or no tag. Sick animals get put down all the time.

Don’t think he was referring about a quick way of death in his comment.

Participant

Quote by: iowavf

Quote by: ccezpat

Don’t think he was referring about a quick way of death in his comment.

I understand that, however jgib551 makes a point that I don’t tknow that he was trying to make. If a person runs across a deer like this, what is the most humane treatment of it? If I shot a deer like this, i’d call the DNR and have them come take a look at it. I’d also ask that DNR agent if it was necessary that I use my tag on this deer. As I enjoy eating the game that I harvest and certainly wouldn’t want to serve this deer on my table, I’d hope the DNR officer would use his discretion to let me keep my tag in order to harvest another animal. They do have that ability. I’m sure that some officers would and some wouldn’t, but it’d be worth asking. At the end of the day, one less unhealthy deer in the herd is better for the herd than the potential of a deer that is infected w/ CWD passing that along to other deer they come into contact with.

Participant

I dont think that deer has cwd.. And im going to take a good look at any deer i am going to shoot deff would not shoot that deer.. Sick or not thats natures way of thinning the herd.

Participant

I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because I’d shoot that deer and put it out of the misery of trying to make a through an Iowa winter like that. Tag or no tag. I don’t disagree w/ your point about nature sorting things out, but as the top predator on the food chain we’re part of nature’s plan, too.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.