Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Skinny deer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there something wrong with this one? I have pics of others that look about the same. Don’t really see anything else wrong, just the fact that they look anorexic. 😯
    With everything that’s going on, is there going to be problems coming up? Just don’t want dead deer in my front yard. 😥

Participant

I would say yes, there is something wrong with that deer. A healthy deer would not be that skinny.

Participant

X2…. pretty light all around.

Participant

This just reminds me of all the tools that name deer they chase.

I’d shoot that one and name it “Calista Flockhart” 😆

Participant

Quote by: Heinrix_54

Like I said there’s more than one. I could call them “The Olsen Twins”. :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: Heinrix_54

That is awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

Participant

Possible EHD survivor maybe?

Participant

This is not a healthy deer. I would contact you local wildlife biologist

Participant

I’m going to throw in my two cents. This drought and the heat from the summer has put a lot of extra stress on the deer. I walked to the creek where I bowhunt and the water was just a foot wide trickle. some creeks around me are dried up completely. their normal food sources have suffered from it too. so seeing a thin deer does not shock me and I don’t automaticly asusume it has EHD. And that is all the words I have to say. :mrgreen:

Participant

This time of year there is an abundance of food. No deer should be that skinny based on food supply. They will find water, even if they have to travel to get it. If water is in short supply, I would question the water quality. Do local ponds have blue/green algae that could be toxic. I am not all that book smart on EHD, but of the pictures I have seen, they don’t look skinny(although maybe they are bloated). You can’t see rib bones. Anyway, I do know liver problems can result from toxic water.

Participant

This might sound bizaar and I have no idea if it would work….. But, I wonder if you put out some medicated chicken food for her to eat if it would help. Medicated chicken food has lots of antibiotics in it…. just a thought in case you are interested in helping her survive given all the dead deer we are seeing this year…..

Participant

I will wager there will be a lot of these deer shot during the gun season when they are being driven by standers at mach 2 that probably wont get tagged.Hard to judge how healthy deer are when they are running at full speed.From all the pictures I have seen posted this appears to be a rather wide spread problem.

Participant

Nicole Richie?

Participant

Ive been seeing deer on my trail cam that look like this as well. Only does. One even has some weird dark spots like a cow almost.

Participant

Quote by: jgib551

I will wager there will be a lot of these deer shot during the gun season when they are being driven by standers at mach 2 that probably wont get tagged.Hard to judge how healthy deer are when they are running at full speed.From all the pictures I have seen posted this appears to be a rather wide spread problem.

why cant we have just a piecefull conversation i mean really yep were going to shoot these deer and just let them lay really!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.