Home Forums Hunting Archery Single Pin Sight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m considering going to a single pin sight and am wondering what brands/models everyone would recommend? And on some of the sights, you have choices for pin sizes? Any insight would be helpful. thanks all!

Participant
    Up
    Down

HHA single pin sight is hands down the best sight to get.

DS-5519, DS-5519 LH (.019 Fiber)

Weight: 10 oz.
    1 5/8” sight housing
    5 feet of fiber optic
    Accepts Lens Kit B and All HHA Blue Burst Lights
    Exclusive mechanical rheostat feature adjusts pin brightness in seconds

I have this model above and my accuracy is at a all time high! I have never shot better than I am now. I would recommend the .19 fiber as its slightly bigger than the .10 and smaller than their larger one at .29. The pin size is perfect and you can adjust the sight to let more light into the fiber optics which makes your pin look larger and you can reduce the amount of light let in and make your pin appear smaller and a lot more accurate!

I have shot two deer this year with it in the tree stand, some say they dont want to make adjustements but you have time to make any quick adjustments to the distance if needed. Sighting this in is a breeze at 20 yards and 60 yards. once you have a accurate shot group at both these distances your make your caculations as to what strip you place on the sight and from there on your are dead accurate at any yardage out to 80 yards!

Participant
    Up
    Down

^^^ X2

Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks Kit. That’s exactly the sight I was looking at.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Check out Two Guys and a Bow (TGB Archery)
    Their single pin is one of the brightest i have ever shot. If you want more detail send me a message.

Participant
    Up
    Down

x2 on the HHA. Love mine. Was really struggling with multiple pins and aging eyes until I got the HHA. However, I didn’t do the calibration procedure. I used a blank tape and got it shooting good at 20-30-40 yards and just marked the tape for those settings. plenty of time to roll it to a different setting if needed.

Participant
    Up
    Down

You pretty much cannot beat the HHA, it is the reference standard. I’ve been using one for years and would never think of using anything else.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Went with the HHA and couldn’t be happier! what a great sight! Can’t wait to put a little brown in the middle.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have always wanted to try a single pin as well. Interested to see how it works out.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I had the HHA and loved it but later went to a multi-pin for my hunting bow. I just put together a target bow for indoor with an AXT Driver sight and it is working well also. Very smooth gear drive and is solid. Go with the .19 pin. My HHA was .19 and MUCH brighter and easier to pick up than the .10 on my AXT sight.

Up
    Down

Love my HHA, gives you a clean sight picture without being cluttered with all the pins. You can just roll the dial to what ever range you range the deer at and its on point out to 60 yards. Great sight!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Sight works great!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: BigOrangeFeet

I’m considering going to a single pin sight and am wondering what brands/models everyone would recommend? And on some of the sights, you have choices for pin sizes? Any insight would be helpful. thanks all!

black gold is a really good one

Participant
    Up
    Down

I bought a Z7 with an HHA. I love it but I will admit I still don’t understand the correct way to select my yardage tape. I used a blank and made a notch every 10 yds and then took the tape off and compared it to see which one best suit me. It worked but some of my middle yardages are a few yards off. Can someone better explain than what I can find on YouTube?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: scouter

I bought a Z7 with an HHA. I love it but I will admit I still don’t understand the correct way to select my yardage tape. I used a blank and made a notch every 10 yds and then took the tape off and compared it to see which one best suit me. It worked but some of my middle yardages are a few yards off. Can someone better explain than what I can find on YouTube?

it comes with a set up tape that yo need to sight in at like 20 and 60 yards then you look at a chart that tells you what tape you need to use

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.