Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Silencing a barker

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

All,

Many of you have said this is happening to you. We’ll unlike Iowa the west has open country and somtimes you get to see what is scolding you. (This took place in New Mexico last Novemeber)

Honeslty, I tried for 2 hours to call in 7 yotes I saw through my binoculars cross below me at 600 yards to the west of my single stand. What I stayed on a stand for 2 hours? Darn right as one of them has to mess up. Finnaly, I pulled away two, however as luck would have it I should of waited 2hours and 15 minutes! You see I was already in my truck and driving west when I see them heading to my old stand….darn it anyway!!

I continued driving west another mile to where I saw the 7 cross before, only to see two more. What the heck is going on. Well I glassed and now I see it, there is an old dead cow 1/2 mile east. So I walked along the base of the rocky butte and sat down and called. This time though I howled………and this is what happened!

Enjoy………TDM
    PS: Oh yeah if you hear me breathing loud in the video……well its because I just finished howling. Crank up the volume its like having yotes in your house!
    [/img[/IMG]

Participant
    Up
    Down

HEY, easy TDM !!!!!

Nick will tell you that you can’t call in the same yotes 2 times in the same day !!! 🙄

GREAT job and thanks for sharing your video. B)

Up
    Down

Way to silence the dog!!!! They are amazingly tough sometimes 🙂

Participant
    Up
    Down

Now that’s the way to shut him up!!! B) Great pic and video.

Participant
    Up
    Down

That’s awesome. I just spent the last 10 hours hunting with the hounds and the only coyote I saw was one I spotted on the drive over to meet the group. After spending most of the day chasing after dogs that didnt want to be caught I think I am going to go try calling again tomorrow. Good luck to everybody.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Great job Larry! You guys sure shut him up.

Participant
    Up
    Down

That is one great video, Larry! Congratulations on the coyote and also on catching it on your video camera. He certainly was a mouthy rascal. As you know, I don’t call much but have done it enough to know that when they start that barking, they somehow know you’re there. I didn’t think that one was going to get back up. It really took me by surprise how fast he snapped out of it and took off. Nice job on the follow up shot. Thanks for the show. Put some more up on YouTube.

TheDuckMasterTheDuckMaster
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Brad+Husman

Way to silence the dog!!!! They are amazingly tough sometimes 🙂

I agree Brad, some are very tough, but all the playing with the camera caused me to shoot bad. If you stop the vid just after it gets up you’ll see my poor shooting! My fault!

TDM

TheDuckMasterTheDuckMaster
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: cyclones30

Great job Larry! You guys sure shut him up.

It was just me on this trip. I was heading home from 5 months in AZ, and my wife agreed I better hunt one more state for a few before I settle in to my CR home. I am a lucky man to have met her 35 years ago! She has always supported my hunting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.