Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Sheds??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am an avid shed hunter and was just wondering what you guys have seen in and around south Central Iowa as of late, Warren, Lucas, Clarke county area. The last few years some trespassing SOB has beat me to my own land and picked up most if not all of my sheds. So, I went out today, earlier than I normally would and found none at all. I did not see any sign of trespassers either though but you just never know.

At any rate, my gut says I just was a bit too early. I am just looking for any feedback from you guys as to what you have been either finding or seeing on your cams or with your own eyes in south Central. Much appreciate any feedback! Thanks in advance.

Participant

A little farther south but I don’t think that really matters as much as other factors. Saw a nice buck tonight with only 1 side. I’ve seen 3 since 2nd shotgun that were already shed completely. Saw 1 in a trk on Dec 10th that was already shed. I’m sure the bulk hasn’t started yet but it’s happening.

Participant

Did a little shed hunting the past few days and found a few. Also predator hunted from blinds, so saw a fair number of deer…………I’d guess about half are shed bucks now. They are dropping, but by no means completed yet. Good luck searching.

NorhawkNorhawk
    Participant

I live in the Cedar Rapids area and went out yesterday behind my house and spooked a group of deer one buck still had horns. Never found a shed in my life, hope to find one soon.

Participant

Madison Cty farm pics show a lot of bucks with no horns. A buddy picked up two in the last week out there. Heading down tomorrow to look a little harder.

Participant

Thanks much for the responses, appreciate it. I sure hope I don’t get skunked by trespassers again this year 😡

Participant

I think it is early yet, my son found three last weekend on our place. Most will drop in the next 3 or 4 weeks in our experience, with a few hanging on all the way through March and into early April. But most will drop soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.