Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Is there a place in Des Moins I can buy diffrent complete kits for sausage and Jerky making I’m not much on ordering stuff on internet

Blake BassMasterBlake BassMaster
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Scheels usually carries seasoning kits. That is where I always buy mine.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Bass pro, Scheele, and I think fleet farm also.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Cool thank you. Going to try somthing new I usually mix Italian sausage and deer meat and call it good

Participant
    Up
    Down

A lot of the farm supply stores carry meat processing equipment and spice kits any more it seems. We have 3 different stores in town here that carry items for this. Most the sporting good stores do too as mentioned. Good luck and experiment…lots of good flavors out there!

Participant
    Up
    Down

As mentioned Scheels, Bass Pro, Mills, and Menards should all have what you are looking for.

Participant
    Up
    Down

go to Todds on Ne 14th street Des Moines.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Dupey Equipment Co. in Clive area… They have everything you will need… Casings, seasonings, pink cure, EVERYTHING… There prices are very reasonable. most cases they used to be significantly cheaper than the “kits” at the big box stores… I have been going there for years.

They will sell you one casing or 500… just depends on how many you need… They have ring bologna casings, seasonings, jerky, summer sausage, regular pork sausage, brats, even casings to make 6″ bologna if you want…lol

Very nice folks that work there… Also sell industrial sized vacuum sealers. Thats where I got mine after destroying 3 food savers… finally just bought a “real” one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.