Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Scheels Rods

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m looking to buy a nice high end rod this year and I’m considering Scheels brand based on a recommendation from a guy I fish with. He owns several of them and really likes them. The exchange policy is really the main selling point for me. If I’m going to spend close to $200 on a rod I want to know I can feel safe with exchanging it if something bad happens.

Do any of you have any opinions or experience with Scheels brand rods?

Participant

I own one Scheels rod. Never had a issue with it. And it’s one of my favorite poles. It just feels right.

Participant

Not sure what type you’re looking at getting but I have an ultra light from Scheels that I really like for trout fishing. I don’t have any other poles from them so I can’t speak to their durability or quality. A friend of mine does a lot of bass fishing and has Scheel’s poles (I think he has 2 or 3) and he loves it/their exchange policy.

Participant

I’m looking to replace my Berkley Lightning Rod Shock that has a broken tip. I’ve fished it for a year broken and still caught a ton of fish with it. It’s probably going to be 7′ and MH. Looking at theirGuide, NOS and ONE series of rods. Will probably wait until they’re on sale too.

Participant

For what it s worth, I worked at a Scheel’s a few years back in the hunting and fishing department, and we rarely had returns on these rods, there were really liked in all ranges from size to strength. And, as you had previously stated, their return policy if anything happens is second to none. They will always take care of you to the best extent if it has their name on it!

Participant

That’s what I have heard and it’s the biggest reason I’m leaning towards buying one of their rods.

Participant

Quote by: scherrman

That’s what I have heard and it’s the biggest reason I’m leaning towards buying one of their rods.

I broke a PRO Classic 6 ft med hvy trying to boat flip a 5 lb bass but I took it back got a new one and have caught 100’s of bass with them I would go for it.

Participant

a good buddy of mine on this board, Harpenter, has now broken 2 of his pro classics. just through normal use. less than 2 years old. their replacement system is pretty good but so far not really a fan.

Participant

I had the version before the NOS (cant remember what it was called) that broke on me and no questions asked they replaced it with a NOS. I really like it and have had it for several years with no problems and its my go too rod for walleye.

Participant

I have 7 scheels rods. No complaints on any of them. Have never had to use the return policy but it was part of the reason I bought them.

Participant

Can anyone confirm they will have the return policy. I though they did away with it.

Participant

Quote by: Trout23

Can anyone confirm they will have the return policy. I though they did away with it.

They did do away with it on a few other things. They were good about it and grandfathered in those who had bought them at a time when the exchange policy/warranty was in effect.

I bought their waders a few years ago now. A big part of that was the salesman mentioned the exchange policy. Fast forward and they leak, so I went back to Scheel’s for another pair. The first employee I asked told me they didnt make waders anymore and there was no such thing as the no questions asked wader exchange. I asked for the department manager and explained the situation, and he could visually verify those were the waders they had when the warranty was around. They gave me another pair that was of equal value (actually like $15 more) and didn’t make me spot the difference) of another brand.

Poles and reels are still good I believe, my understanding is it was waders, coats and s few other itmes that are no longer part of that. The way they handled the wader thing definitely has me confident in their customer service though.

Participant

I will let you know because I am returning a rod tomorrow. $90 ultra lite bought last year. When removing the reel to put on my ice fishing rod the cork literally came off in my hand. This rod was a replacement for a rod I returned the prior year because several of the ceramic inserts broke in the eyelets. I didnt didn’t have any issue with returning that one.

I like the rods when they arent breaking. This recent rod and the cork coming off changed my thinking on the quality of their rods though

Participant

Quote by: ducksandbucks

I will let you know because I am returning a rod tomorrow. $90 ultra lite bought last year. When removing the reel to put on my ice fishing rod the cork literally came off in my hand. This rod was a replacement for a rod I returned the prior year because several of the ceramic inserts broke in the eyelets. I didnt didn’t have any issue with returning that one.

I like the rods when they arent breaking. This recent rod and the cork coming off changed my thinking on the quality of their rods though

What rod do you have and what’s the price range. I’m curious if the more expensive ones are higher quality or not.

Participant

I have broken my Rod once and my son’s Rod twice with zero issues with return. I am pretty careful but I just pulled a couple boneheads. The only issue I have had with a return was they maybe didn’t have what I wanted in Stock and needed to wait to exchange when they restocked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.