Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting scent control

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

how much do you guys use scent control products? scent control clothes, sprays, etc. and how much do they help?..

Participant

I take a scent free shower and make sure my clothes are washed in scent free detergent. After that the only thing I do is spray my boots down before I head in. I don’t have scentlock clothes but I have been downwind of deer that didn’t bust me. If you have the extra money to purchase the scentlock clothes I hear good things about them.

bullhead44bullhead44
    Participant

Ive been super careful this season with my scent control, clean clothes, spray, shower etc. im not getting busted by thr younger bucks, its those stinkin does!! No joke i had 3 younger bucks walk downwind and they were completely chill but the first doe cones thru its like she hit a wall! Is anyone here using ozonics? It seems pretty pricey and doesny look like you can use it when its windy out. Any 1st hand reviews?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Think about this: If there is smeared dog turd in the middle of your living room floor carpet, how are you going to get rid of the smell?

You can cover it up in charcoal and that will work unless you have been covering a lot of dog turds up with the same charcoal. (Scent lock clothing)

You can spray febreeze on it. That will make it smell like a garden scent flavored dog turd. (Sprays)

You can put a fan on it and point the fan towards a window. That way you don’t have to smell it, unless your couch is in front of the window. (Wind)

You could wash the turd out of the carpet and get rid of 95-100% of the smell. (Scent controlling body soap and laundry soap)

Or you can use a combination of them.

We are the dog turd in the deer’s living room. Think about that next time you go hunting.

Participant

Quote by: medicdano

Think about this: If there is smeared dog turd in the middle of your living room floor carpet, how are you going to get rid of the smell?

You can cover it up in charcoal and that will work unless you have been covering a lot of dog turds up with the same charcoal. (Scent lock clothing)

You can spray febreeze on it. That will make it smell like a garden scent flavored dog turd. (Sprays)

You can put a fan on it and point the fan towards a window. That way you don’t have to smell it, unless your couch is in front of the window. (Wind)

You could wash the turd out of the carpet and get rid of 95-100% of the smell. (Scent controlling body soap and laundry soap)

We are the dog turd in the deer’s living room. Think about that next time you go hunting.

LMAO…. That’s awesome!

Participant

Quote by: medicdano

True. I start using scent free deodorant the 3rd week of September, our washing machine only has scent free detergent in year around and no dryer stuff. Use the sprays, some are better than others. The best was home made but it was really hard on clothing. Watch the thermals when you’re in the stand, most people under estimate them.

Do you use a ladder stand or hangon? Do you spray it when you leave? Do you leave a cushion on it or stop and think your stinky butt is leaving a marker?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

If my stand is on a trail I’ll spray it where I touched when I leave, but most are 20 yd off trail. I bring a vision to sit on.

Participant

I start showering with no scent soap a day or so before hunting and wash clothes with no scent detergent. I spray down with whatever no scent spray is on sale when leaving my truck and after I am in my stand. I also make a point to stomp through some muck/mud/manure when available on the way to the tree.

Most importantly, i don’t hunt stands with a questionable wind, and also pay attention to thermals.

The no scent clothing and machinery (ozonics) give hunters a false sense of security and buyers’ remorse when they still get busted IME.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.