Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Saylorville Whites

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Got up on the lake Sunday evening and what a gorgeous evening it was. We put in at Lincoln access and headed out to see if we could find some whites. Didn’t have to go far as we saw the fish busting the surface south of the mile long bridge. We must have caught 60-70 in the 10-12″ range with a couple of bigger ones. Sure was fun. There were huge schools of shad up on the surface.

Participant

I was planning on heading up there tomorrow morning when I get off work. That makes me a bit excited to hear!

Participant

Quote by: bjbmedic

I was planning on heading up there tomorrow morning when I get off work. That makes me a bit excited to hear!

How’d it pan out???

Participant

Pretty well actually. Once I found a group of them south of the bridge on the west side I was catching them pretty consistantly. Got probably 25 total and a couple of decent largemouths as well. They weren’t huge, mostly 6-9 inches but they hit hard and fought well. Had my son along so he got his first white bass ever and had a lot of fun. He starts school again next week so I plan on fishing a lot to make up for the crappy spring with the winter that wouldn’t end
    B

Participant

It seems to have turned on a the ville. Piss pounded them on white jigs and cicadas.

Participant

Made it out there again yesterday morning and between my son and I we caught between 50-60. Started in the same place as the other day and started hitting on the first cast. They were a bit smaller than I liked but I had a buddy out there too and he called me to a spot where the bite was insane and they were good sized fish as well. It was a blast to get my boy on some good active fishing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.