Say Your Goodbyes 2018-03-17T00:20:46+00:00

Home Forums Miscellaneous Site News Say Your Goodbyes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

It has been a fun ride, but the time has come to say good bye to the ol website! Tomorrow at noon the site will be gone so say any farewells if you have them.

Thanks to everyone along the way! We are hoping to have the new site up within days, so we will catch you on the flip side.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Goodbye, and welcome new site. Thanks to all

tracyiowa53
    Participant

Goodnight Irene.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Participant

A big thanks to Tony for the vision and creation of the original Iowa Outdoors website, and thanks to the Iowa Sportsman and Patrick for taking it over and moving it into a new era. Cheers!

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

RGR175
    Participant

Looking forward to the new site. Thanks for giving us a place to gather online and share stories about our passions!

Mr.Seaguar
    Participant

I got a lot of problems with you people!

mike4115
    Participant

I haven’t posted in years. For the last decade, simply reading these threads from time to time was an escape from the city life which I thought was best for my future. Strange to look back and realize half my life I have been a user here and still continue to frequent once a week or so. Can’t say that about any other website…

drifty4drifty4
    Participant

Can’t wait for the new site.

Catch ya then.

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

mhock
    Participant

My brother and I joined the same evening. Sadly he has since passed. It will be sad to know I can’t look back at some of his postings, but all things must end. It would be neat if there could be an “archive” section.

riverriver
    Participant

In much the same way we count our blessings and give thanks whenever we harvest an animal… or even release a fish. We’re lucky to have been raised or born to experience the outdoors the way it was intended. Good manners, good deeds, and respect are the foundation of everything a true sportsman is made of.

Thank you Tony. Thank you Patrick. Thank you members. It’s been a wild and wonderful ride. I for one have cemented some lasting friends here and memories by the score. What more could I ask for….

Peace brothers and sisters,
    River

PS: Dibs on River as my screen name 🙂

WhipWhip
    Participant

It’s been a good ride will miss the old familiar faces.

Whip

Mr.Seaguar
    Participant

Quote by: mhock

My brother and I joined the same evening. Sadly he has since passed. It will be sad to know I can’t look back at some of his postings, but all things must end. It would be neat if there could be an “archive” section.

Kinda puts things in perspective. Sorry about your brother.

RyanB
    Participant

Had to blow the dust off this account to post a goodbye to this site. It’s been fun boys.

Ihuntcurs
    Participant

Hopefully posting pictures will be easier. I may do it then or for the first time.

RyanB
    Participant

Quote by: mike4115

I haven’t posted in years. For the last decade, simply reading these threads from time to time was an escape from the city life which I thought was best for my future. Strange to look back and realize half my life I have been a user here and still continue to frequent once a week or so. Can’t say that about any other website…

Your post really put things in perspective for me, made me feel old really when I realized I’d been here since my late teens. Where has time gone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.