Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Sand Creek, Dekalb, Stevens, etc hunt pressure during the rut?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It’s looking like I’m going to have a day off coming up during the week, and was wondering what the hunting pressure on Sand Creek, Dekalb, Stevens, and other public spots in those areas are?

I have private spots I can call predators on in those areas and am trying to decide if I do more driving to call just private ground or drive less and call both private and public?

Anymore I think some of my private spots have as much or more hunting pressure this time of year than much of public….  So considering the bigger blocks of public on a weekday?

later,

scruffy

bigbuck31ptbigbuck31pt
    Participant

I hunted Dekalb on Monday and it was pretty quiet, only saw a few trucks. My buddies hunt Sand Creek and they say the week-ends are crazy busy, not sure about the week days.

Good luck!

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

I checked out sand creek today and the beans were still in, so that greatly limited what I could try to call.  I saw a few trucks but found plenty of openings, although they were mostly to unpicked beans which like I said did me no good for calling coyotes.

Looks like they started combining on the west end of sand creek, so hopefully get it out soon.  Most the fields have been cleared off around me, so I was surprised all the fields still in as I hunted along hwy 34 and south, not just in sand creek.

ihuntducksalot72ihuntducksalot72
    Participant

Scruffy, we hunt Stephens and Rathbun most every year during the peak of the rut for our yearly bobcat hunt.  You see some trucks here and there, some years are worse than others but we never have problems finding places to hunt.  Theres so many spots if you find someone in a spot its not far to the next spot.

Any luck calling?

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

not much luck, but i haven’t been doing much calling either.  I’m getting a knee refurbished here soon, and that should get me out of first gear and back up to speed.  😉

ihuntducksalot72ihuntducksalot72
    Participant

One of the guys I hunt with got a knee replacement a few years ago.  He’s like a new person and we can barely keep up with him! Good luck with the surgery!

I’m considering heading down next week before the gun season starts and giving it another try.  If not I’ll get down in January again.  They opened up my home county for cats now too, so I’ve got some calling to do here as well!

Participant

Проектирование, изготовление и установка лестниц и перил из дерева, стекла и нержавеющей стали

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.