Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum salt water fish pictures (species 25 of 25)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It is a rockfish. What species of rockfish?

Participant

The only one i have experience with is a quillback and it had a similar color on the dorsal fin. So, I’m going with quillback.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Participant

Not a quillback. But they do live in similar places. This one is less common than the quillback and doesn’t get as big.

Participant

I had to cheat and look online. Is it a copper rockfish?

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Participant

not a copper Rockfish. the key on this one are yellow lightening bolts on the sides and otherwise its black. They always made me think of a bumble bee for some reason…. 😉

Participant

Did I finally stump everyone on this one? I figured after the Irish Lord was pegged so quickly that no way would this one stump you all. If no one cares to take a stab at it..I will post what it is and put up another species. Let me know. Thanks

Participant

well.. the last one is a China Rockfish.

Here the next pacific fish. These can often be found in large schools and mixed in with a similar species known as the “Blue ___?” They are a blast to catch especially on light tackle when the whole school goes into a feeding frenzie.

Any guesses?

Participant

anyone still playing along…. if no interest I will stop posting the pics.

Participant

How about a “wreckfish.” Looked similar in my searches…

Cool pics! The fish are interesting…as are the locations!

Participant

I’m in yet.. just took a quick peek tonight. Won’t get a chance till early morning to take a good look at it.

Participant

Quote by: drawetsm

anyone still playing along…. if no interest I will stop posting the pics.

Please don’t stop !! While I can’t ad much of a guess with first hand knowledge it sure is interesting to see the pics and to research them. I watch a lot of the Nat geo type shows besides the every day fishing shows and this is fun looking up some of the fish you are posting from your pics. B) B) B) 😉 😉 😉

Dan

Participant

I didn’t see this till now and the only one I knew was the halibut but enjoyed the post.
    Thanks!

Participant

I also enjoy the posts although I’m not much for guesses.

Participant

black rockfish

Participant

I wouldn’t know most of these fish from Adam, but I’ve viewed this thread after every update. I hope you don’t stop posting because us Iowa boys can’t guess the species…
    I’d appreciate seeing the next 18 species. Your efforts aren’t in vain.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.