Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum salt water fish pictures (species 25 of 25)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: drawetsm

This one inhabits the rocky pacific coastlines as well. Hint: its eggs are venemous.

a form of cod :question:

Participant

It is often found in the same areas that some Cod species inhabit. This fish is of the Sculpin family and it’s name is Spanish for “big head”.

Participant

Is that even you in these pictures? If it is why do you feel the need to white out your face, I’m thinking you just are pulling these off the internet somewhere and claiming your a world renouned fisherman? 🙂

Participant

That is a Cabezon

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

lets start with this fish. Can you tell me what species this is? It lives in rocky bottom areas of the Pacific. These are all three pretty big for thier kind ( 5 – 6 lbs). they live to get old. the fish in these pictures are likely around 25 to 40 years old based on their size.
    All three pics are of the same species. I will check back to see if there are any replies and post another fish to check out.

Looks like a sea bass to me… Have caught a few of these around tampa bay area..Can not wait to get down there in March

Fort dodge

Participant

Quillback Rockfish. Very good eating. Cabezon is correct. Talk about a head shake. Not sure if I have ever eaten one of these. They look very similar to Ling Cod.

Participant

Cabezon it is. Nice job ciasterling. I will post another picture tonite

Participant

heres on of my favorite fish to catch and eat. Some of them have a bright blue mouth and blue tinted meat. They are very aggressive and often caught when they grab onto another fish you have hooked and wont let go. They have teeth like fangs. very good eating. Both of the fish in these pictures are the same species and were cuaght within a mile of each other.

d00buckd00buck
    Participant

Mmmm…I’d eat that! 😉 These people in the pics need to get some sun on their faces! :mrgreen:

Participant

looks like a ling cod to me.

stick500stick500
    Participant

this is a fun thread, but still curious why faces are blanked out?

if you’re just grabbing these pics off the internet, I imagine that 99.9% of the fisherman in the pics would be happy to have their catches shown off to more people. And the .1% who would object, aren’t even going to know and really can’t do anything about it anyway…

with that being said, I think the second cod-like pic is a ling cod, and IIRC when I cleaned one, it’s flesh had kind of a green tint to it- very delicious for a green fish!

Participant

Quote by: stick500

if you’re just grabbing these pics off the internet, I imagine that 99.9% of the fisherman in the pics would be happy to have their catches shown off to more people. And the .1% who would object, aren’t even going to know and really can’t do anything about it anyway…

with that being said, I think the second cod-like pic is a ling cod, and IIRC when I cleaned one, it’s flesh had kind of a green tint to it- very delicious for a green fish!

Well, I guess I felt the fish were the center of my thread. But if you want man face….I guess i dont mind. The next pics I post I won’t scratch out my mug….but I must warn you, the fish are much more interesting to look at . There are folks on this site that know me…. perhaps they will validate….not sure how you will know it’s really me regardless? But I want people to enjoy my pics so I will show my face. P.s… If I get harassed by PETA after showing my face I’m gonna blame you.

stick500stick500
    Participant

Well, I guess I felt the fish were the center of my thread. But if you want man face….I guess i dont mind. The next pics I post I won’t scratch out my mug….but I must warn you, the fish are much more interesting to look at . There are folks on this site that know me…. perhaps they will validate….not sure how you will know it’s really me regardless? But I want people to enjoy my pics so I will show my face. P.s… If I get harassed by PETA after showing my face I’m gonna blame you.

that’s funny!

I’ll join you in this thread and help take the heat away from PETA when they start their attack

and BTW I don’t really look like Mr. Haney…close, but not quite

the fish is the very rare Giant Ocean Goldfish caught off the coast of Venezuela

Participant

Quote by: stick500

I was giving Drawetsm a hard time in my original post about the pictures being legitimate, he is a longtime friend of mine, and these pictures are legitimate…..I was just trying to heckle him a bit.

Participant

Rock Cod

Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.