Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum salt water fish pictures (species 25 of 25)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I get a little restless this time of year so the other day I was looking through my pictures of the fish I’ve landed over the years in salt water I’ve lived on the Chesapeake Bay and on the Puget Sound before moving back home to Iowa to raise our kids. I was fortunate to experience these two excellent fisheries and capture some memories on film. I know this isn’t a salt water fishing forum but I thought maybe others would enjoy seeing some of the more interesting species of fish. If so, let me know and I will post some pics and see if anyone can correctly name the species.

Participant

He’ll yea… I won’t be able to Identify them but always love seeing pics. Post em

Participant

We all ways like pictures! Fishing is fishing fresh or salt. I love them both.

Participant

Quote by: ToBadImNotFishin

He’ll yea… I won’t be able to Identify them but always love seeing pics. Post em

+1

Quote by: pheasant29

We all ways like pictures! Fishing is fishing fresh or salt. I love them both.

+1

Participant

Will post the first pic this weekend…stay tuned…..

Participant

And now your going to make us Wait? lol I opened this because i wanted to see some pics. Guess i just have to come back

Participant

lets start with this fish. Can you tell me what species this is? It lives in rocky bottom areas of the Pacific. These are all three pretty big for thier kind ( 5 – 6 lbs). they live to get old. the fish in these pictures are likely around 25 to 40 years old based on their size.
    All three pics are of the same species. I will check back to see if there are any replies and post another fish to check out.

Participant

looks like some crazy large mouth bass!

Participant

Rockfish?

Participant

Quillback?

Participant

Blackfish

Participant

Definately looks rockfish family, but which one? Baccico?

Participant

Sea Bass

Participant

Quillback Rockfish. Nice job docmudge. They look very similar to the Copper Rockfish which has less aggressive dorsal “quills” and a more reddish/copper mottling pattern. I will post another one tonight. Thanks for the replies

Participant

This one inhabits the rocky pacific coastlines as well. Hint: its eggs are venemous.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.