Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Safety Harness

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have been doing some research on safety harnesses and wanted to get an opinion from all of you.

I am leaning towards going with the Hunter Saftey Systems harness with the Tree Stand Life Line as an accessory.

I have never hunted out of a stand before, put plan to next year with a hang-on stand and climbing sticks.

Any recommedations, personal experience with any of the products would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Participant
    Up
    Down

I wear the Hunter Safety System very comfortablr easy to put on no excuses not to wear it. Remember there is no price for safety you’ll get the nasayers well I work all day at heights and I wont wear one at work so why should I wear one while hunting. Cannt move in them there a pain ect. 1 out of 3 stand hunters will fall at sometime dont be one of them.

Bob

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have a vest this year which I like better than the harness I had before.Much easier to put on and I wear it under a jacket or over.It is definitely heavier. The life line attaches at the top and hangs down and is used as you climb.Anything that will stop a fall is a good idea.We use them on job sites all the time and it is easy to use.A good idea if you aren’t very agile.

Participant
    Up
    Down

sounds like a great setup!! I would never get in a tree without a safety vest or harness, and all of my treestands have a lifeline, considering most falls happen as you get into your stand. Wise choice and good luck.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I had an HSS Pro Series vest and liked it a lot but I switched to the UltraLight this year. It is also easy to put on just not a vest style. You really can’t go wrong with HSS products but there are a lot of high quality harnesses out there. I’m glad to hear you will be wearing a harness. There is absolutely no good reason to not wear one.

drifty4drifty4
    Participant
    Up
    Down

You might be interested in something like this.

http://www.wolfesafetyharness.com/

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Participant
    Up
    Down

I like the hss, i like the pockets. Its quick and its easy.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I used HSS until this year. My old harness expired on it’s time limit. A lot of people don’t know this, but there is a time limit on them. So I got a Muddy Outdoors Harness. I actually like it better then the HSS one I had before.

Participant
    Up
    Down

i just use the harness that comes with the treestand. really light, takes about 30 seconds to put on (if the straps are tangled). i just wear it on the outside of my camo jacket and pants. I have 3 extra in the packages still if ya need one. seem to work for me and hopefully i will never have to test it.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I also use a Hunter Safety Systems pro series for 1 reason, the Suspension Relief System. It is designed that if you do fall out of the tree, you attach a “stirup that you put around 1 foot and stand up to keep the blood from pooling up in your legs, thus keeping you alive.

Up
    Down

Try this one. Might save you life.
    Dmac

http://rescue-one.shoposn.com/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.