Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping RV roof repair (87′ Fleetwood Bounder)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a 1987 bounder RV. Roof has some leaks and looking to seal up. Don’t want to put much money into it. Found this stuff (Black JACK 5-Gallon Elastomeric Reflective Roof Coatings) at Lowe’s. Comes in 5 gallons and a hell of a lot cheaper than things I find at ketelsen’s. Anyone ever use this stuff or have any recommendations? Looking to sell the bounder as well for a pretty good price. Runs well again just a few leaks that I need to get sealed up. Serves the purpose for my family but looking to get a pull behind so I have one less Injun to worry about. Any suggestions for the roof would be great.

Participant

Been down that road. Let me get back to you this evening.

Participant

try roll of rubber roof membrane. try the kind that has adhesive on one side. it will flex as the motor home flexs. it should not crack and may outlast the home.

Participant

Go to; http://www.epdmcoatings.com. click on RV roof repair. That is what I used and it was easy to apply. Made my roof look brand new and it adhered really well.

Spenc

Participant

may I ask,are you positive about the roof leak?? a friend of mine had the exact same model as you,and after many dollars spent on the roof and still having leaks,we found a cracked vent,a cracked sky light,and one window that was leaking around the outer trim. pays to look for yourself,and it sounds like you have,just dont have much faith in dealers after that one. good luck!

Participant

Very important. What ever you decide, make sure you start with a clean roof. I had a 73 Winnebago Brave. Flat roof. Tried the roll on
    coating. Didn’t prep good ad had to redo. The Self-adhesive flashing tape can be good on a leaky seam. Does water ‘pond’ at any point
    on the roof?

Participant

Oh, the joys of leaks! Take a spray bottle mixed with some water and foamy soap, turn on every roof AC fan and your front fans that draw in air, start spraying seams, cracks, and edges. If they leak in water, they will also blow out air. You should see bubbles at these places. Fix accordingly. Sometimes you need a spare person running a garden hose over various places while watching for water from the inside.

Participant

Sounds like a job for FlexSeal!!!!!
    😀

Participant

I heard he is looking for another Bounder…

Participant

My bounder is just like the Breaking Bad RV

Participant

My bounder is just like the Breaking Bad RV

Participant

<table width=”661″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td width=”284″>If your RV needs repairs that’s fine. But if repairs have become a continuous issue and your RV spends more time in the repair shop than on the road, then it’s time to put it up for sale and make a fair deal out of it. However, if there are few leaks here or there, you should use RV Roof Magic and recoat the entire RV. Re-coating the entire RV will help you to avoid missing any leaks and will give you perfect peace of mind.</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.