Home Forums Miscellaneous Outdoor Tidbits Road trip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We took a 5 day road trip. Out of Sioux city east on U.S.20, I35, U.S. 30 to Toledo, then I35 To I90 and home.
    Not great scenery this time of year. Hawks by the dozens. Most Cooper, but a smattering other hawks.
    The most interesting was on 20, East of Ft.Dodge was 2 bald eagles scrapping over a small roadkill.
    Only game birds seen were 2 turkeys. I think the high wind kept everything. Plenty of deer.

Participant

You should have went south of #20 in that area on P6D. There’s a field with about 50 in it everyday.

Participant

I was just surprised to see them arguing one the hwy. Damn near hit one of them. Can only imagine the paperwork that could cause.

Participant

I love little road trips.I often drive different routes to the same place,say a fishing spot 60 miles away. I have seen 2 snowy owls this year
    in my various travels.

Participant

When you were so close to Fort Dodge and if it was during the week you should of stop in and seen Patrick and tell him to get that website done LOL!

bluedirtbluedirt
    Participant

Would like to buy ya a cup of coffee in Blue Earth next time thru. Eagles hang around the river here & west towards Fox Lake all year long. Also saw my 1st snowy owl this winter. Nice trip & thanks for your posts.

Participant

Quote by: Joy

When you were so close to Fort Dodge and if it was during the week you should of stop in and seen Patrick and tell him to get that website done LOL!

Thought about it, but we were running behind schedule. Can’t wait. Spam was so bad the other nite spam was pushing spam off front page.

Participant

Quote by: bluedirt

Would like to buy ya a cup of coffee in Blue Earth next time thru. Eagles hang around the river here & west towards Fox Lake all year long. Also saw my 1st snowy owl this winter. Nice trip & thanks for your posts.

Thanks for offer. I use to fish the Spokane river for walleyes. Power towers from the Little Falls dam one had a osprey nest. When they had chick’s the pair would wait for an eagle picked a big trout from the water. When the eagle got high enough one osprey would woop in an pester the eagle until it dropped the fish and the other osprey would pick it out of mid air. Thing of beauty to watch. It enabled the osprey to get larger fish than they could get airborne with in the narrow gorge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.