Home Forums Miscellaneous The Battlefront Road Hunting For PheasantsIs It Legal?

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I understood exactly what Maceman said & meant. It didn’t bother us at all & yes we have ditch hunted. It seems to me that some just want to interpret things the wrong way.

Maceman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Not anywhere did i say people who ditch hunt are lazy!!! Nevermind, its not worth it, i am glad some people understood what i meant and i’m sorry others didnt!!!! I’ll just keep my opinion and my right to free speech to myself to avoid having to explain everything i say!!! That will make a certain few happy i’m sure!!!Whats this world coming to?????

wallybanger101
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok Mace, with your post this morning, that sounded A LOT better the way it was worded… Understandable no probs…… But with your second post of this topic

I think alot of it is people are getting to lazy to get off thier backsides and walk a good field opting for walking 20 feet from the truck and then moving on. Most of the landowners i know would still consider this tresspassing and would report it to the DNR. I think its wise to avoid the whole mess and hunt smart and safe!! To many people take the laws and regulations into thier own hands and think they can do what they used to do 20 years ago and never bother reading the new rules and regulations!!! Common sense and common courtesy goes a long ways!!!! It only takes one bad apple………………………………………

It was worded too general and left wide open for vast interpretation… With better wording…. This post very well could have not fell into the “Jr High” level………Just try to be more specific in the future……. Thats generally how all these posts get out of hand….people generalize to much and aren’t specific….. I am sure in my year and a half on this forum, I have been guilty of it too… not just saying its you

WapelloMark
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Maceman

Sounds like i am hitting to close to home for some people!! I didnt say everybody that hunts the ditches are wrong, just trying to point out that the reason most landowners dont let anybody hunt is because of the “one” person that did all the wrong things, i think everybody is taking this way to personal, its a public forum and i thought i had the right to add my thoughts, but i guess i’m not allowed my own opinion, what a crock!!! To many people want the same rights as everybody else but they dont want to work for it!! Lets blame the landowners and call them names but stick up for the idiot that shot the mans cows and destroyed his property without thinking about the end results!!!!There will be no invation, i found my own land to hunt find yours!!!!!!! Heres what knocking on doors can do!!!!!!

I’m probably over-analyzing, but Just an observation…, there are 6 guys, posing with what appears to be 19 birds…if they were taken off private property, wouldn’t that put your party over the bag limit of 3 per ?

river
    Participant
    Up
    Down

And the camera man makes 7. So they’re two short of a limit… 😉 Hey someones got to record a good day like that. Besides
    I’m bettin’ the camera man was the ugly one of the bunch. that’s the way we do it and why I’m never in the pic… 🙂

River

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Not to change the subject here, but I noticed what looks to be part of a LM rollcage in the righthand side of the pic Maceman. Does it belong to anyone I know since I help a friend out who has a LM with pit duties occasionally?

Maceman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you River, I’m glad someone was able to figure that out,LOL Yes we did miss our total bag limit by 1 or 2 birds that day!!! Its always nice to limit out but i think someone stole the lead out of some of my shells!! It happens!!! The rollcage is out of a 4 cylinder that my leadfoot son is building, it might be another 10 years before it ever gets done!!!

Otter
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: HawkeyeFever
    The problem is that land owners’ mentalities have changed from what they were twenty years ago…for the worst. Territoriality and greed is the norm from what I have seen, and it makes me sick. The one bad apple you speak of is now nineteen out of twenty in my book, and they are landowners, not hunters.

As a landowner… I give hunting permission to quite a few folks.

That said… If someone comes to me with that attitude… the answer is gonna be no.

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Otter has nailed it. We don’t let many or if any hunt phesants or quail due to the fact we don’t have a very good poputlation of either. Hoping that by doing this will help the population increase and I think that it has as we are seeing and or hearing more roosters and hens. The quail on the other hand are still few and far between.

But a bad attitude will get you a flat no and maybe never. State laws say you can hunt the dirt & gravel road ditches thats the law. As far as the ditches go I don’t care as long as they are going to park get out and walk the ditch (Or if they have a disability and have the neccesary provisions to hunt the ditch within the law.) and and use a little common sense and stay away from my cattle if they are near there and stay 200′ from my inhabited farmstead.

But the ones that drive the roads watching for a bird or birds and then jump out when one is spotted and shoot at it from the road or don’t even bother to get out, and shoot from within the vehicle (breaking the law) Those are the road hunters and they are the ones I detest. Actually my term for this last group is slob hunters.

COLTER
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Maceman I agree with pretty much everything you said seems kind of funny on here that the Admin has to police there own on here about name calling. Anyway looks like you boys had a great day of chasing birds. Where are the dogs, if you got all those without one you did better than I thought. 😆

Maceman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We used one dog mainly for retrieveing, the stuff we hunt is over waist high and my buddy uses one of those fancy gps tracking collars on his dog, i tell you those things are sweet!!! He can watch his dog on a monitor he wears around his neck and it tells him where the dog is from him and even how far!!!

Jefro
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: COLTER

Maceman I agree with pretty much everything you said seems kind of funny on here that the Admin has to police there own on here about name calling. Anyway looks like you boys had a great day of chasing birds. Where are the dogs, if you got all those without one you did better than I thought. 😆

You might want to read that again if you think Big Jake was speaking to me or Jardan about name calling. Maceman and I just disagreed on his earlier statements. Since then he has refined his points and I find myself understanding what he was trying to say, and agreeing for the most part.

Thanks for trying to stir the pot a little bit more. It was quite helpful. 🙄

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Jefro, Thats a interesting statement.

Maceman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Enough talking crap about pheasants, lets talk about chicks, RFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Jefro
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: flyfishr

Jefro, Thats a interesting statement.

I’m glad I could entertain you. 😀

Jefro
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Maceman

Enough talking crap about pheasants, lets talk about chicks, RFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Agree. Thread closed.

cowboy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Why is this thread showing up when I don’t see a new post?

tchansler
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

We’re wondering the same. It could have to do with the website issues we had over the weekend!

Oldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve wondered the same and more than just last weekend.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.