Reward offered2018-12-07T11:37:00-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Reward offered

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i have a place just off highway 5 south halfway between Moravia and Albia. Have had nothing but trouble with kids helping themselves to the property. Atvs and vehicles in the hayfield doing donuts. Drinking and leaving their trash everywhere. Pretty disrespectful. Yesterday I get a call from the neighboring land owner reporting someone had shot 3 deer right off the road and cut the heads off and left the rest. Monroe county sheriffs department and the game wardens were both notified. If anyone reading this knows anything please contact me. I am offering a reward for the arrest and conviction of these criminals. Everything will be 100% anonymous.

Participant

I hope they’re caught. 3 together seems odd this time of year. I don’t know how isolated the area is but is there any chance that they were just dumped? With Wed being the last day of 1st shotgun, is that a possibility? Then again, if you’ve still got the snow cover like we have, poaching would be obvious. Good luck regardless.

Participant

I would guess the 2 were dumped but it’s looking like the buck was dropped right where he was. I am not sure how to post pix on here or I would.

Participant

Have you mounted trail cams on the gate posts to catch license plates?  Then a second set in a tree or on a power pole to get a face id.    If you have leads for the deputies, they’ll put more effort into the case.

Participant

Every camera I’ve had on that property has been stolen. Along with tree stands.

Jigs4pigsJigs4pigs
    Participant

Sounds like u need to get out there and sit and wait for em. Put the fear of god into em and be done. Nothing worse than thieves and tresspassers

Fishing is only an addiction if you’re trying to quit

Participant

I know this is kind of late.

You could use a ladder to put your game cameras up and point them to the bottom of your stands or use the cameras that send an email to your email account when a picture is taken. Even if they steal the camera and stand.

The pictures will be on your email account and you can give them to the Sheriff’s office to charge them with theft, trespassing and possibly dumping game on your property. They could then be charged for leave usable portions of the meat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!