Home Forums Hunting Upland Game Reqs. for Pheasant Hunting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sorry for the dumb question. From what I saw in the book I need a habitat fee. Is this included in my hunting license or is there something else that I need to buy? Thanks.

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

It is a separate fee that might be printed on the same license as your hunting license. I wish someone could explain to me why they do it this way.

Participant

But I am correct in assuming that I have already paid it considering I have purchased two deer tags correct?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: ArcherNoob6

But I am correct in assuming that I have already paid it considering I have purchased two deer tags correct?

No. It needs to be printed on your hunting license.

Participant

Ok thank you

Participant

Quote by: Widowmaker

It is a separate fee that might be printed on the same license as your hunting license. I wish someone could explain to me why they do it this way.

I am sure I am going to say this wrong but here goes… the habitat fee is separate so if you are a land owner and hunting your own land you do not have to pay that part of the license/fee.

Participant

I always thought that habitat fee money went into different pockets than regular license money.

Participant

Quote by: Brad+Phillips

I always thought that habitat fee money went into different pockets than regular license money.

I think you are correct. But they could combine it today into a single item purchase. It might go back to the days when they actually had competitions for art work for the stamps, like they did for duck stamps. You actually bought a habitat stamp and had to sign the face of it and stick it on the back of your license.

Participant

I might have a few actual habitat stamps 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.