Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing Reports?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: stick500

Carp aren’t hideous! They provide most of my recreation! �

To each their own. I cant deny they are one of the hardest fighters. I just find them to be the *censored*roaches of fresh water.

stick500stick500
    Participant

I utilize them to the max.

I catch them on a hook and line, bowfish for them, and spearfish (mask, fins and snorkel) the mighty carp in clear lakes.

In one day I got carp all three ways – the Carp Trifecta!

I’m glad there’s these big giant fish available in most waters of the midwest with no restrictions or limits on how or when you take them.

At the same time I understand the damage they do and have done, but what the heck, ain’t no way to get rid of them and I do my best (even though I do C&R when angling- I like to come back and try and catch or shoot them again).

Participant

spear fishing them is awesome! definitely something id like to get into more.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: basspro23

I’ve been nailing the carp at Waterworks park. They are right next to the shoreline. You can hear the sucking noise when they rise out of the water. Here is a mirror carp I shot out there!

You are WAAAAAAAY to clean to be a bowfisherman!!! LOL just kidding, good job!

Participant

Took a trip around Ills today and definitely moving into shallows, but saw no active spawners.

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

You are WAAAAAAAY to clean to be a bowfisherman!!! LOL just kidding, good job!

Lol thanks. GET OUT THERE. These sunny days have been amazing! Waterworks is still my favorite hotspot.

Participant

Was out at blue herring park just off of grand Sunday afternoon. Saw 1 30in.+ gar, and several carp. Water temp was as high as 86.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.