Home Forums Miscellaneous Boating replacing carpet with vinyl

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: SteveZ

I had a Lund Pro V that I had to replace the flooring and upper deck and decided to use vinyl instead of carpet. I purchased the vinyl from Cabelas and I was very happy with it. It comes in 6′ widths but I did each panel on the floor individually so as to access the fuel tank if needed. The floor was three pieces and the deck was one piece as the access doors for storage were surface mounted so it made it easy. The floor can be slippery if you wear the wrong kind of shoes and the floor is wet. I liked the vinyl as you could wash out the boat and keep things clean. Carpet looks great when new but if you get blood, fish slim, wiper poop, or just plain dirt, it starts looking bad quickly. I spoke with a guy who replaced the floor in his boat and used a bed liner type paint on his floor and it looked very nice also.

I have a Lund with wood floor and carpet. I am assuming the bed liner stuff would not work for this?

Participant

I used roll on truck bed liner. Cheaper, easier, lasts forever, and never have to replace it again.

kelkel
    Participant

Quote by: gckiller

I used roll on truck bed liner. Cheaper, easier, lasts forever, and never have to replace it again.

was this over wood or metal?

Participant

The roll on bedliner stuff can definitely be put on wood. It seals everything up real nice!

http://www.herculiner.com/index.php

kelkel
    Participant

Quote by: Rabbithunter

The roll on bedliner stuff can definitely be put on wood. It seals everything up real nice!

http://www.herculiner.com/index.php

Great, thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.