Home Forums Hunting Reloading Reloading help available if needed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I helped start a group on FB called Reloading Mentors USA as a way to try and help people new to reloading get the help they need if they want it. Go check it out and share if you would like to. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/178232049587184/

Participant

Have you thought about making it an open FB forum so that a person doesn’t need a FB account to view it?

Participant

Quote by: jnrbronc

Have you thought about making it an open FB forum so that a person doesn’t need a FB account to view it?

I’ll second that. I think it’s a great idea, though. One thing that really helped me when I was getting into reloading is a local gun club offered a free class on the basics of rifle, pistol, and shotshell reloading. Members volunteered to bring in their equipment, put on a display for attendees, and answer any questions. So if you have a local gun club or Izaak Walton league that might be something to consider doing.

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Quote by: jnrbronc

I’ll second that. I think it’s a great idea, though. One thing that really helped me when I was getting into reloading is a local gun club offered a free class on the basics of rifle, pistol, and shotshell reloading. Members volunteered to bring in their equipment, put on a display for attendees, and answer any questions. So if you have a local gun club or Izaak Walton league that might be something to consider doing.

There area LOT of problems associated with making it an open FB forum so that’s probably not going to happen.

I like your idea about the the local Izaak Walton league. :mrgreen: I’ll check into that. I plan on joining the one in Sigourney this year and hope to try and set up some 300 yard 223 matches if possible.

Participant

Good for you and everyone! I was lucky to find someone local (and a member of this site) back in the day. Totally changed my world as far as firearms go.

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant

We have gotten 100+ members in the first 24 hours in the group, and I found someone local who wants some help getting started loading for 223, and 243 and I’ll be helping him out soon.

I’d say we have a successful start for the group. :mrgreen:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.