Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Reel advice please..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have a few Abu Garcia Ambassador reels that i was looking to upgrade. I was liking the reels but now the drag has stopped working and it is a lot of work to reel in double cowgirls. I was wondering if anybody has a fix to the drag issue and what everyone’s preference is towards musky reels. I have been doing some reading on reels and looking around in stores and from what i found the Abu Garcia Revo Toro Beast (read here) was the best on the market. Any input? Another question i had was what length of rod i should be using for casting.
    Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Avatar Beryni.
    medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

While there are several good reels out there, Lews are all I buy anymore. They are tough, smooth, lightweight, and have models in every price point. I reccomend the BB1 model or higher priced model for muskies.

As far as rod length, no less than 7′.

Participant

I have a Abu Garcia Revo Toro S on my Cabela’s Predator Muskie 8 foot heavy rod…both the rod and reel work great. I have had the Toro S for a year now and never had a problem or even a backlash. You can find them pretty cheap on Amazon if you’re lucky, or they have them on sale at the Musky Shop and also the Beasts are on sale now as well.

Participant

Replacing the drag washers on your Abu’s might be something worth looking into.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.