Home Forums Hunting Reloading REDUCED LOADS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looking for a reduced load recipe for a 22-250. Cannot find any Trailboss powder to buy. Want something that I can get around 22 WMR speed. I like to squirrel hunt plus other varmints. Use my e caller when I hunt and would like the option of putting 3500 fps and 2000 fps loads in my rifle so I can shoot what I want to. I Do NOT want to buy another rifle. I can reload for less than HMR costs. Prefer to use what I currently own. Heard there are some recipes using Blue Dot and couple other Powder numbers. Prefer to buy the Trail Boss – my supplier can’t find any out there. Some on Gun Broker etc but I’m not sure what the freight on it would be.

Thanks for the replies!!

Heuy

Participant
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Been looking all over for reasonably priced Trail Boss. Internet has some priced 2-4 times higher than it should be! May have to go the 4759 route.

Participant

Try the Lyman Cast bullet handbook.
    The data is for cast bullets but will take you were you want to go with many powders.

Participant

Quote by: HEUY

Thanks for the reply. Been looking all over for reasonably priced Trail Boss. Internet has some priced 2-4 times higher than it should be! May have to go the 4759 route.

If your in the Des Moines area I think Bass pro had some in a couple of days ago

Participant

Called several places on way down and ended up with AA5744 which will get me 2400fps w a 40gr bullet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.