Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Red Rock

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I usually fish farm ponds but am wanting to expand my horizons. I live in newton and went took a guided fishing trip to red rock last year and killed the crappie.  It was a blast. Most of the spots were by white breast.  I never seem to have very good luck at roberts creek but have never ice fished there. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Even if anyone knows if any of the public lakes around my area are any good. Dont catch much at Rock Creek or the colfax pits either.  Im sure if i could find a brush pile i might have some luck but just dont know where anything is at. Thanks in advance. I downloaded the dnr tags but i dont k ow how accurate they are some arent even on water

JonathanG85
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I ended up trying northwest of the mile long bridge.  Was in about 8 ft of water and there was alot going on under me but only a few bites on meal worms or spikes.

Greg 57
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Go to the Iowa DNR website. They have a list of lakes and you can sign up for their weekly report.

There used to be a book for about $20. Call Iowa fishing atlas and it has a ton of stuff in it. It has stuff the Iowa DNR doesn’t because it has county parks also

Oldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

A friend of mine use to use that guide and he does catch fish also likes the long poles.

Try Jacob Krumm park lake.  Its SE of Rock Creek or Go East of Newton on I80 to the Lynnville interchange, the one just West of the Grinnell Rest stop  then North about 1/2 mile.  In the curve there is a gravel road take it for about 1 mile and on the left after one curve and before he next you’ll see a parking area and that’s it.  Crappies,bass, BG and some nice catfish.  Out from the boat ramp and to the left a ways you’ll probably see some ice holes.    Try there as there’s a tree down there.  Summer time its good off the dam 24-27′  out there.  Gets shallower on the finger that runs West and then North.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.