Home Forums Hunting Dog Training Recomendations for e-collar for pointer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am looking for recommendations for an e-collar for training as well as hunting my pointer. The only real requirements for me are constant, nick, point indicator, good battery life, and possibly the ability to add a dog, but not a deal breaker.

Thanks!!

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Dogtra 2500 or 2502. Nick & Constant – Locate, Point and Run modes and two different tones both with volume control. It/they has/have everything you want and a stellar reputation. I upgraded to one nearly six years and have ZERO issues., all my hunting buddies use them as well. Unless you want/need GPS, it really is the best collar on the market.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

had a dogtra for over 30 yrs ( same collar) and gave it away last yr to get a lighter unit. only replaced batteries and straps

Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Dogtra 2500 or 2502. Nick & Constant – Locate, Point and Run modes and two different tones both with volume control. It/they has/have everything you want and a stellar reputation. I upgraded to one nearly six years and have ZERO issues., all my hunting buddies use them as well. Unless you want/need GPS, it really is the best collar on the market.

Probably a silly question, bu if i purchase the one dog model, can i expand to two at a later date?

Blocked

Quote by: astephens5283

Probably a silly question, bu if i purchase the one dog model, can i expand to two at a later date?

No, you would need to get the 2502 as the transmitters are different. They do pop up on Craigslist, Gundog Forums or ebay once in a while though. Here’s a listing for a 2500…
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dogtra-Training-and-Beeper-1-Mile-Trainer-2500TB/183065352041?epid=887631274&hash=item2a9f8b9769:g:3TMAAOSwHtJafdZq

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Perfect! Thank you!

Blocked

I have always used Tritronics and had very good success. It really comes down to what options you want and cost as they all work well.

Blocked

Quote by: drmac22

I have always used Tritronics and had very good success. It really comes down to what options you want and cost as they all work well.

Tritronics was the leader for a long time. In 2011 they were acquired by Garmin and unfortunately outside of their top end GPS models most would agree that their quality has suffered. The only collar they have that fits the OP’s original requirements is the Delta Upland and it’s had more negative feedback than a Yugo/Pinto hybrid.

Participant

Quote by: drmac22

Tritronics was the leader for a long time. In 2011 they were acquired by Garmin and unfortunately outside of their top end GPS models most would agree that their quality has suffered. The only collar they have that fits the OP’s original requirements is the Delta Upland and it’s had more negative feedback than a Yugo/Pinto hybrid.

Do not buy the Delta. I bought one to replace a G3 and it was terrible. I would be very cautious of Tritronics now, although to be fair my only post acquisition experience was the piece of garbage delta.

quailslayerquailslayer
    Participant

Spend the money on the Dogtra. I have the 2500 my brother has the 2502 you wont be disappointed!!

Participant

Im a dogtra dealer, hit me up and I can get you a deal

Participant

Quote by: Spionhund

Im a dogtra dealer, hit me up and I can get you a deal

I don’t hate a deal! 🙂
    I will PM you, thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.