Home Forums Hunting Upland Game Quickest way to brushy?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey fellas I thought I would head up to brushy creek to do a little pheasant hunting tommorrow, What’s the quickest way to get there from Des moines? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, cus I’ve never been up there before.

Participant

Dude_ Don’t you have an Iowa map or GPS? Well, the quick way is to head I-35 North and take the exit heading to Ft. Dodge, Iowa. Stay on highway 20 heading west and you will see the little brown sign for brushy creek. If you need llive bait the only spot is at Duncombe. They have gas, food, live bait- nice place. If your pheasant hunting then you won’t need any bait. Good Luck and hope you find some birds. Next time give me a call and I’ll join you. Do you own a hunting dog? I live about 1 hour from Brushy, but I go there for the fish. Take er easy. Robbie 😀

Participant

I-35 to highway 20 is the way I would go. Let us know how you do, Ive been thinking about heading up that way.

Participant

I think it depends where you are in Des Moines, It could likely be a different route if you live in west des moines

Participant

What kind of live bait do you use for pheasants? 😛

Bob

Participant

From West Des Moines you can take 141 to 17.

Participant

Thanks fellas, I do have a map but usually people on here give better info than any map or gps unit. I thought it was south of 20 so I wasn’t sure what exit to take. Thanks again for the info!

Participant

Quote by: bigjake

What kind of live bait do you use for pheasants? 😛

Bob

I heard grasshoppers work, but u need the ones bigger than an inch for visibility…..don’t forget the flouro… 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.