Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Questions on coming to IA for shotgun season.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I currently live in WI but I am originally from Appanoose county IA. I have never hunted in IA but have always wanted to come back to hunt and have a few buddies that would like to join me. My question is with the lottery system they have now, are you able to send in as a group so that everyone can get a tag and you can hunt together, or do you all have to send in separately and just hope everyone gets a tag. I know when I went out west if you sent in and only part of the group received a license you could just keep the preference point and let someone else have the tag. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Your best bet is to call the Iowa DNR, they can give out the best info.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Ya I kind of figured I would have to. Was just hoping someone would know off hand. I was down a couple weeks ago visiting my father and went out for a ride around Rathbun Lake, I ran into a warden around the hatchery and asked but he said he did more with the hatchery than the hunting and didn’t want to give me the wrong info. I forgot to look for a regulations book while I was down there as I was pretty busy.

Participant
    Participant
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for the help. Saved the link to my computer. Just been busy lately as my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer when I was down there, so wasn’t really thinking right. I appreciate the help. Had to come back to WI and get my girls out to there stands for the season up here and had some buddies ask me about IA next year. Good luck with your hunting and be safe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.