Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Proposed law to allow pistol caliber rifles during youth, disabled, and shotgun seasons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure what happened to the thread from yesterday, and I am assuming it got locked as I couldn’t find it anywhere. Regardless, I am hoping that someone can help me with a question. Is there a barrel length restriction in the new bill? I am looking at the Henry big loop carbines and they only have a 16.5″ barrel. They have .38/.357 mag, .44 mag, and .45 LC models available, and I think the .38/.357 mag would be an ideal youth gun.

Thank you in advance!

Participant

16″ would make it a rifle, therefore good to go.

Participant

What is this bill I can’t find any info on it. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Participant

Awesome and thank you for the information. The Henry Big Boy carbine with 16.5″ barrel comes in at only 6.5 lbs. and still holds 7+1 rounds. It is drilled and tapped for optics as well.

My fingers and toes are crossed for passage in the senate!

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Quote by: DEERGRIZZ

What is this bill I can’t find any info on it. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Someone had posted the bill info on here, I can’t find it today either but it was here last night. Basically it said that for certain seasons, including shotgun 1 and 2 and youth, that you can use rifles that shoot the same straight wall calibers that are legal during handgun seasons.

I had not known anything about it prior to that post either, but feel it is a pretty cool idea.

Participant

I would swear I posted a question on this a few days ago. Just a rumor from my end, but it would be nice to use a levergun to shoot an Iowa deer

Participant
    IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant
    cowboycowboy
    Participant

Quote by: LundImpact1675

Awesome and thank you for the information. The Henry Big Boy carbine with 16.5″ barrel comes in at only 6.5 lbs. and still holds 7+1 rounds. It is drilled and tapped for optics as well.

My fingers and toes are crossed for passage in the senate!

Cool, we just ordered one of the Big Boys for our NWTF banquet next year. It may be in high demand!

Participant

I plan on using this…

Participant

Would that also include the 460 magnum? It’s almost more of a rifle cartridge.

Imagine TC will have a barrel for it already?

Heuy

Participant

Hope they add this as I have a few that could fit the bill. Would be fun to deer hunt with a lever action.

Participant

Quote by: HEUY

Would that also include the 460 magnum? It’s almost more of a rifle cartridge.

Imagine TC will have a barrel for it already?

Heuy

It is already a legal pistol cartridge, and yest TC has 20″ barrels available!

Participant

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

I plan on using this…

Is that a Hi Point carbine?

Participant

Quote by: DILLIGAF

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

I plan on using this…

Is that a Hi Point carbine?

OH yeah, Legal so why not?!?

Add a couple of these and I could really keep a herd moving or fill some tags!
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/148603/promag-magazine-hi-point-4595ts-carbine-45-acp-14-round-steel-blue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.