Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Predictions

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Spirit lake is getting very cool. Around 42.5 this morning at the USGS station

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

Seeing these posts of ice and temps are making me more itchy. I really hope that these temps drop like rocks sooner than later.

Participant

I ordered a new wheelhouse two weeks ago, that will be ready the first week of December, so I’m really pumped about getting some ice!

Participant

Quote by: Mr.Seaguar

Spirit lake is getting very cool. Around 42.5 this morning at the USGS station

That’s all the higher it made today. Forecast is pretty well cloudy rest of the week.

Participant

Update. Big Spirit been just over 39 degrees most of day. WEST O 42ish.

Participant

Quote by: kenhump

Does Spirit usually cap sooner than West? What about east and minewashita ?

Participant

Quote by: Mchmss

I have always trusted Temples, the grade and Anglers first. Center can have good ice early. Upper Gar, Minnewashta and lower Gar can have good ice but there can be enough current in places to be iffy.

Participant

Quote by: Mchmss

I have always trusted Temples, the grade and Anglers first. Center can have good ice early. Upper Gar, Minnewashta and lower Gar can have good ice but there can be enough current in places to be iffy.

Ken, do you think this winter will be a good year for perch on Spirit? I haven’t been up there for about four years, but plan to make a few trips to the area this winter. Thanks

Participant

I’m going to hedge a little. The guys I’ve talked to said numbers aren’t huge, but size has been good. Spirit, Anglers early and 16-18′ off Marble beach thick ice. Early Upper Hat often produces nice perch. Just looked out my kitchen window and a good chunk of Trappers bay is iced over.

Participant

Weird update. Both West O. & Big Spirit are both showing 34 degrees. I don’t think any big freeze up is coming in next week, but it I think water temps this low already it won’t take much of a cool down to start the ice up.

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

Not a weird update. Good info 🙂

As for my area, the local ponds and small creeks/streams had skim ice this morning. Like ken said, it won’t take much for a freeze over.

Participant

Woke up to seagulls walking around on Silver.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.