Home Forums Miscellaneous Outdoor Tidbits Old Books

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Do you know what the price on it was? If it’s not crazy expensive I would like to have it.

Participant

Abesbooks.com list has about a dozen copies listed for sale. 😉

Participant

I do not think it was over priced, I thought about buying it, decided not to. If it is there, I will buy it. I am pretty good negotiator too I will let you know, hopefully it is still there. I think it was less than 20, don’t remember for sure.

larry

let me know if that is crazy money or not.

Participant

Just going through this with the in-laws stuff.Had gun and sporting mags from the 50’s and 60’s.They were interesting,but what can you do?I still have a storage shed full of stuff to go through.We did keep an 1848 bible written in German.

Participant

Thanks Ken. I will have to look next time I am down there to see how much it is. I wouldn’t make the trip for just the book. Looks like it is only worth about $5 on avg. It would cost more to ship than it may be worth.

larry

Participant

Well thanks a lot Ken, you just butrst my giant bubble 😥 😥
    Oh well, they’re woth a whole lot more historiclly to me. 😀
    Mostly cuz my dad gave them to me, and one belonged to his bestest buddy!

Participant

Next time we’ll discuss the Easter Bunny. :mrgreen: I have a 1956 copy also and actually look at it on occasion. The older maps can be very useful in areas where there are new reservoirs for topography. 😉

Participant

Hey you never know when their may be a rush of people wanting to buy old outdoor books. 😯 You may be siting on a gold mine. :mrgreen: I remember hearing stories of old guys that had cool cars that they didn’t pay crap for back in the day… and now they are worth thousands of dollars. You just never know. 😀 Although books generally dont sell like collector cars. 🙁

Participant

I have not seen the first item but I would think it may be worth in the neighborhood of $50 to the right person. The other items I have some copies of and have never seen them go for more than $8-$10. Somewhere in my archives (Boxes of junk) I have many old Iowa Conservationists including Vol. 1 No. 1 but I have never seen any interest other than they are good winter reading. I love the old magazines and the ads especially in the 20’s. It’s amazing how many of the companies are still in business.

Participant

Ebay is also a good place to get an estimate of what your stuff is worth. And how common or rare it is. Ken…I also use abebooks.

Participant

I’ll sell ya my copy of Iowa fish and fishing, $10.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.