Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting October Buck

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Congrats on the dandy! Looks between 145-149″ to me.

Participant

143 5/8

Participant

😆

Oh baby, nice deer and the rack is great. Congrats to the hunter. We all wish for that buck, but sometimes it just does not happen. Your stars werre all lined up. Way to Go! Robbie

Participant

Nice looking buck.

Participant

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I’m still very happy with him. He’s the biggest one I’ve seen this year, so far. I was guessing between 140 & 150, but wanted to hear guesses from others without influencing them with my own. Thanks again. BID

Participant

I was extremely blessed to harvest another nice buck during bow season during a spot-&-stalk on some private land I’ve recently started hunting. It took me an hour + to drive there, an hour + to hang my stand for the evening sit, and less than 30 minutes of walking to come up on him in a dried up creek bed / ravine on the edge of a cattle pasture. I had a strong SE wind and was walking W to E with the ravine to my left (North). He was laying down facing North and I was moving at a quick clip. I almost didn’t register that I’d seen a big set of antlers b4 I got stopped, just prior to walking directly up wind from him. I closed the distance to maybe 15 feet and was baffled about how I was going to get a good kill shot on him with the way he was laying. Just then, he must have gotten a small whiff of me and stood up, and stood there broad side. So I drew and shot. He didn’t go far. I totally wasn’t expecting to get one, so I drove my minivan instead of my truck. So here I was taking my van into this pasture and loading him into the trunk. He made a couple of large blood smears on my bumper, that got me a few weird looks on the drive home.

My gun season wasn’t spectacular, but did put more venison in the freezer. Some seasons are like this, but most aren’t. I’ll take them when they are…

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Very nice!!

Participant

Nice job! I thought your first one was better than what everyone was guessing…tough to say from pictures sometimes. I had a guy swear that a buck I shout several years ago was no where close to the 165 I taped him at, he said 145 at best. I even showed him my scoring sheet and he wouldn’t believe it. In the end, score is cool to know, but not the most important part. Two cool stories.

Participant

Congratulations on another fine buck this season!!!

My 2 best archery bucks were both spot and stalk in West Central Iowa and nothing is more exciting! Mine went 1601/8 (net 1561/8 P&Y at deer classic) and 149 gross (not officially scored).

I have been shut out with bucks thus far this season, and am hoping to fill archery and late muzzy any-sex tags before 1/10.

Participant

You had a great year, congratulations. I am sad mine is over and I am sure many of us are.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.