Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation NYC rental truck terror attack

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: jereseib

Quote by: IAMike

Pretty sad that this thread is still relavant and we�ve already had another tragedy in Texas. The world can be a evil place for sure. Rest In Peace to all the victims.

Better keep this thread on standby, the question is how long until we need to bring it up again. These nutjobs will continue to try to outdo themselves. When we have weapons floating around capable of shooting hundreds of people in a matter of minutes it will continue to be an issue. It makes it an even more pressing issue when deranged idiots with felonies can walk into a sporting goods store and purchase one legally by simply checking a box.

Contrary to what Hillary and Bernie have you believing, it is not easier to purchase a gun than to get a library card. You do not simply walk in and check a box. I know it is so hard to believe that your politicians would make stuff up, but it just doesn’t work that way. If you don’t believe it, go try for yourself.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Yep, he clearly believes everything the biased media feeds to him. I definitely is not that easy. Yes, you do fill out some paperwork, but they also do run your background check through the system.

I don’t hear people screaming every time a drunk driver kills someone. 10,265 were killed in drunk driving accidents in 2015 to be exact. Did guns kill that many? If you want to believe the media and the democrat agenda, they will tell you that about 13,286 people were killed by guns. Taking out all of the BS and ONLY account for the number of people killed in mass shootings (so take out all of the shootings where the police are doing their jobs to protect the citizens, take out suicides, take out even homicides because most of those are done with guns that are obtained legalls) this leaves you with 475 people killed in mass shootings.

Now, I take all the other stats out because mass shootings are what they want to prevent right, this is when all the anti-gun folks start crying for gun control is when there is a mass shooting that is dramatized by the media (not saying that 475 is a low number, and that it isn’t bad), but the media and the dems want to make it seem worse than it is.

So, with the numbers, why are people not screaming for more alcohol control, or make alcohol illegal. Why don’t you see the media and the dems coming out and screaming for more control or why do you social media trolls not attack drinkers and try to blame those that use alcohol for someone elses poor choice like they do when it comes to mass shootings. The blame is always placed on gun owners and the NRA, the innocent gun owners are who you attack and want to take rights away from.

Participant
    Up
    Down

White81 figures are at BEST misleading I only hope it was unintentional. In 2015 there were in excess of 36,000 gun deaths nationwide so…Yes to his question of “did guns kill that many?”

Over 22,000 (approx 60%) were suicides; around 500 were accidental gun deaths and slightly under 500 were interventions(police or other).

This leaves over 13,000 gun HOMICIDES in 2015. So again the answer to his question is YES.

And there was a great nationwide cry about Drunk Driving starting in the 80s with per se limits dropping from .15 to .13 to .10 to .08, and a decline in DWI related deaths.

Let’s try to be factual.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: khfish

White81 figures are at BEST misleading I only hope it was unintentional. In 2015 there were in excess of 36,000 gun deaths nationwide so…Yes to his question of �did guns kill that many?�

Over 22,000 (approx 60%) were suicides; around 500 were accidental gun deaths and slightly under 500 were interventions(police or other).

This leaves over 13,000 gun HOMICIDES in 2015. So again the answer to his question is YES.

And there was a great nationwide cry about Drunk Driving starting in the 80s with per se limits dropping from .15 to .13 to .10 to .08, and a decline in DWI related deaths.

Let�s try to be factual.

Yep my bad, the number of about 13000, didn’t include suicides.

“All shootings: Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, [those figures exclude suicide].”

Also, the number of people killed by drunk drivers is from 2015 in which the BAC law is .08. So seems there is still a problem. Does this make everyone that drinks alcohol guilty so they should have their rights taken away?

Mass shootings is always the reason they want more gun laws, right? I don’t hear a bunch of news stories about gun laws and banning them every time there is a shooting in Chicago, you only hear it after a mass shooting. Speaking of Chicago, aren’t guns illegal there but yet they lead the country in homicides?

“Mass shootings: There were 372 mass shootings in the US in 2015, killing 475 people”

So, bottom line is, the media and dems will continue to mislead to push their agenda of taking the rights away from the citizens, its not about safety of the people, its about control of the people. If it was about safety then we wouldn’t just be hearing about guns.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Mental health…. so i believe it was the head of the VA on the news this morning. I may be wrong but somebody of importance anyway. Basically, he was saying since the guy was convicted of a crime while in service and booted, he could not be helped by the VA, furthermore, he said no one in the service would want anything to do with a criminal like him. I get the wanting to distance him from the armed services and those still serving, but either the VA should be helping this loser or they need to be referring him to a civilian doctor. This guy was messed up and the military knew it. Honorable or not, anyone that serves should be monitored and helped by the VA IMO.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: White81

Yep, he clearly believes everything the biased media feeds to him. I definitely is not that easy. Yes, you do fill out some paperwork, but they also do run your background check through the system.

I don’t hear people screaming every time a drunk driver kills someone. 10,265 were killed in drunk driving accidents in 2015 to be exact. Did guns kill that many? If you want to believe the media and the democrat agenda, they will tell you that about 13,286 people were killed by guns. Taking out all of the BS and ONLY account for the number of people killed in mass shootings (so take out all of the shootings where the police are doing their jobs to protect the citizens, take out suicides, take out even homicides because most of those are done with guns that are obtained legalls) this leaves you with 475 people killed in mass shootings.

Now, I take all the other stats out because mass shootings are what they want to prevent right, this is when all the anti-gun folks start crying for gun control is when there is a mass shooting that is dramatized by the media (not saying that 475 is a low number, and that it isn’t bad), but the media and the dems want to make it seem worse than it is.

So, with the numbers, why are people not screaming for more alcohol control, or make alcohol illegal. Why don’t you see the media and the dems coming out and screaming for more control or why do you social media trolls not attack drinkers and try to blame those that use alcohol for someone elses poor choice like they do when it comes to mass shootings. The blame is always placed on gun owners and the NRA, the innocent gun owners are who you attack and want to take rights away from.

I know how gun sales work, I’ve purchased 2 myself. Obviously in my scenario I was exaggerating to show the complete absurdity on how easy it is for someone to get ahold of guns. What good are background checks then if the data isnt correct?

And for the millionth time, nobody is taking away your right to own guns!!!! This is most ridiculous talking point I hear all the time. Sure, you might not be able to own “certain types” of guns but nobody is taking away all your gun rights. The Supreme Court already ruled decades ago that the government can put restrictions on which type of weapons you can own, so your 2nd amendment doesnt mean jack if the government decides AR-15’s should be illegal.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: mhock

Mental health…. so i believe it was the head of the VA on the news this morning. I may be wrong but somebody of importance anyway. Basically, he was saying since the guy was convicted of a crime while in service and booted, he could not be helped by the VA, furthermore, he said no one in the service would want anything to do with a criminal like him. I get the wanting to distance him from the armed services and those still serving, but either the VA should be helping this loser or they need to be referring him to a civilian doctor. This guy was messed up and the military knew it. Honorable or not, anyone that serves should be monitored and helped by the VA IMO.

It is appearent you do not understand how the VA works. They have NO statuary authority to follow anyone once they leave the military. The VA can’t just go capture folks. The individual is responsible to go to the VA.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: jereseib

And for the millionth time, nobody is taking away your right to own guns!!!! This is most ridiculous talking point I hear all the time. Sure, you might not be able to own “certain types” of guns but nobody is taking away all your gun rights. The Supreme Court already ruled decades ago that the government can put restrictions on which type of weapons you can own, so your 2nd amendment doesnt mean jack if the government decides AR-15’s should be illegal.

Speaking for myself, I believe your goal is not to disarm America, but I am certain that you do not know that isn’t exactly the strategy certain political groups do have in mind and AR-15’s etc are just the 1st tactical step in getting there.

Most the other points I’d like to make have already been said 1 way or another.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: kenhump

Quote by: mhock

It is appearent you do not understand how the VA works. They have NO statuary authority to follow anyone once they leave the military. The VA can’t just go capture folks. The individual is responsible to go to the VA.

Never claimed to know how it works, I was simply putting forth that I feel the military SHOULD keep tabs on how those that served are doing mentally, especially when one of them had an “issue” while serving. Honorable discharge or not.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.