Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation NYC rental truck terror attack

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I just saw at least 8 dead and more than 20 wounded after a terrorist shouting “Allahu Akbar” crashed a rental truck into a crowd of people in lower Manhattan. The suspect was subsequently shot and killed by police and was carrying two fake hand guns.

I bet you anything there isn’t talk about “common sense rental truck control” in the media or condemning of Uhaul or the manufacturer of the truck for it’s inherent deadliness and risk to human lives.

Just saying…

Thoughts and prayers to the friends and families of those killed or injured by this maniac.

Participant
    Up
    Down

If only New York City made it easier for it’s residents to defend themselves instead of disarming them.

kelkel
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The puke is not dead, just wounded.

Participant
    Up
    Down

CNN coverage, reporter states can you just imagine if those 2 guns had been real, it’s all about guns to them, never mind he could of had a truck load of explosives and it still would have been all about the guns.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Hopefully they can get some intel out of him when he recovers.

Roger that on the guns, and good Lord on the slant on reporting. I have been thinking about how ridiculous the war on guns is. Think about how easy it would be to get a big truck and outfit it for mass murder- half ton, three quarter ton, one ton, or bigger! Dually, crew cab, long box, etc… Other than emissions rules for some states, there are virtually no regulations or restrictions on aftermarket modifications and they could easily be justified for your average off-roader. These same mods could be used to make a large truck exponentially more effective for tactical uses. Lift kits, bead locks, locking differentials, tubular steel brush guards, mud terrain tires, exhaust mods., superchargers, turbochargers, self-sealing tires, etc… The options are nearly endless. It wouldn’t be that big of a trick to up-armor the same vehicle either.

Black smiths, welders, and metal artists have unfettered access to plate steel. There is a guy in my area with a plasma cutter and CAD program that can cut steel up to 1/2″ thick into virtually any design for sign work and art projects.

My point is, if new gun regs/restrictions are implemented, they will have little to no effect on these heinous acts. In fact, they may have an even greater negative effect by disarming the people. On 9/11 they used jet liners for crying out loud! The mildly creative evil genius will always find a way.

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: dogdown

CNN coverage, reporter states can you just imagine if those 2 guns had been real, it’s all about guns to them, never mind he could of had a truck load of explosives and it still would have been all about the guns.

Ya I gave on on the lame stream media last year. they are so slanted and don’t even hide it anymore. its all about the guns and Trump bashing, nothing else.
    I watch One America News Network now, they were reporting from the start that this was a muslim terrorist.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant
    Up
    Down

Where’s Oaxaca and Jereseib, don’t they (or he) want to start a discussion? Oh wait, the perpetrator only had toy guns, that’s why there is no chatter from them.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hopefully this thread dont get axed. I think this type of situation gets snubbed too often on websights like this as the PC crowd cries about it and its not acceptable to discuss.

My thoughts on it, since he is still alive and he is devoted to ISIS, feed him pork. If he don’t wanna eat pork, well crap, sucks to be him. Welcome to America, this is your diet terrorist.

My initial and un PC correct response was tie a rope to his beard and drag him behind a truck as an example.

Sorry if this is too raw for this site, but Americans have to stand for something. If we keep up with the touchy feely society we are in for our own demise.

Participant
    Up
    Down

This incident has nothing to do with gun control. If CNN was trying to make it out to be(which I suspect wasnt the case anyways) then they are part of the problem. I honestly havent heard anything from the left about gun control after this latest attack. The Vegas attack certainly was about gun control and warranted discussion when a mentally deranged guy was able to put together a machine gun legally.

One question, do you guys have these kind of responses on standby waiting for another incident so you can prove your point? Guess you need something to do in the meantime while you wait for Obama showing up to demand your firearms.

Might as well not have any laws at all by this logic. I mean, since criminals dont follow laws anyways, probably should go ahead and legalize everything like murder and rape. Heck, since a few people dont follow fishing and hunting laws, might as well put an infinite bag limit on largemouth bass and walleye right?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: dogdown

If only New York City made it easier for it’s residents to defend themselves instead of disarming them.

Hahaha!!! Nice one. Yeah, because in this case a guy with a little concealed carry pistol would have surely put a stop to this. I mean, its extremely easy to just take out the guy with one shot who is plowing a huge truck down a bike trail at 50mph. If only there would have been a good guy with a gun to stop this!!

Or how about in Vegas, there were armed guards everywhere who were rendered completely useless in this situation. The “good guy with a gun” is the weakest argument Ive ever heard for less gun control.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: jereseib

The “good guy with a gun” is the weakest argument Ive ever heard for less gun control.

When seconds count and the police are minutes away, I happen to think the “good guy with a gun” argument is a pretty good one.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Seems somewhat ignorant both ways, for the anti-gun media reporter to try to make the attack about guns by saying “oh luckily they were fake guns he got out of the truck with” and for pro-guns supporters (which I am) to say, “oh well if there had just been a good guy with a gun there to stop him”. Both are irresponsible/ignorant statements.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Jereseib- you are missing the point. Again.

The problem with Vegas, NYC, Boston, Columbine, etc…, is VIOLENCE and a total lack of respect for human life. The tools used in these violent acts have been proven to be irrelevant. Guns, knives, clubs, cars, trucks, semi-tractors, etc… A motivated murderer could care less about laws and regulations implemented to direct and control the law-abiding.

You are quick to point out the merits of gun control as a means to decrease the number of mass killings in this country. You are one of the sheep that thinks, “We gotta do something right?” My point is that gun control would not have stopped this attack. Gun control did not hamper the Boston marathon bombings. Gun control did not stop the guy that drove a semi through the crowd in France injuring 500 and killing almost 100.

Unless Obama or his surrogate/proxy comes for my F250, I will ALWAYS have a more simple and easy way to kill a whole butt load of people if I wanted to.

***EDIT***
    – Are you going to suggest background checks with waiting periods for folks looking to rent a car or truck?
    – Should restrictions be placed on GVWR, horsepower, ground clearance, and tire size for private vehicles?
    – What about aftermarket performance mods for cars and trucks?
    – Should the victims of this tragedy be empowered to launch frivolous lawsuits against GM, Ford, Dodge, etc…?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CRIA1576

Jereseib- you are missing the point. Again.

The problem with Vegas, NYC, Boston, Columbine, etc…, is VIOLENCE and a total lack of respect for human life. The tools used in these violent acts have been proven to be irrelevant. Guns, knives, clubs, cars, trucks, semi-tractors, etc… A motivated murderer could care less about laws and regulations implemented to direct and control the law-abiding.

You are quick to point out the merits of gun control as a means to decrease the number of mass killings in this country. You are one of the sheep that thinks, “We gotta do something right?” My point is that gun control would not have stopped this attack. Gun control did not hamper the Boston marathon bombings. Gun control did not stop the guy that drove a semi through the crowd in France injuring 500 and killing almost 100.

Unless Obama or his surrogate/proxy comes for my F250, I will ALWAYS have a more simple and easy way to kill a whole butt load of people if I wanted to.

***EDIT***
    – Are you going to suggest background checks with waiting periods for folks looking to rent a car or truck?
    – Should restrictions be placed on GVWR, horsepower, ground clearance, and tire size for private vehicles?
    – What about aftermarket performance mods for cars and trucks?
    – Should the victims of this tragedy be empowered to launch frivolous lawsuits against GM, Ford, Dodge, etc…?

Im not going to get into a huge argument with you guys, you called me out personally so I gave you my thoughts. I dont even know why the left or right brings this stuff up anyways, if nothing happened after a bunch of little kids got gunned down at school then there is no way anything will ever change.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: TrapCyclone

The “good guy with a gun” is the weakest argument Ive ever heard for less gun control.

When seconds count and the police are minutes away, I happen to think the “good guy with a gun” argument is a pretty good one.

Wrong! Youve been watching too many Steven Seagal movies. This isnt Hollywood where some guy takes down a terrorist with his little concealed carry pistol he’s hiding in his sock. How many times do you think they actually save someones life compared to how many people have been killed?

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Im not going to get into a huge argument with you guys, you called me out personally so I gave you my thoughts. I dont even know why the left or right brings this stuff up anyways, if nothing happened after a bunch of little kids got gunned down at school then there is no way anything will ever change.

Nothing changed after the massacre in Newtown because we are not willing to fix the real problem, mental health. Those poor kids were killed not because of the tool used, they were killed by a known mentally ill criminal.

Evil does not reside in the holster, Evil resides in the hearts of man.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: ECFirearms

Nothing changed after the massacre in Newtown because we are not willing to fix the real problem, mental health. Those poor kids were killed not because of the tool used, they were killed by a known mentally ill criminal.

I 2nd that! No pun intended 😀

Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok, here is a thought. And don’t take this wrong as I am a huge supporter of our rights!

What if the “good guy with the gun”, obtained his gun legally, has his permit to carry which was obtained legally, but this good guy with a gun has never fired or been trained to use that gun he is carrying? I don’t think, and i’m probably wrong, that most states requires that you demonstrate that you are actually able to use the gun you are carrying in order to obtain your permit.

Certainly not trolling here, just wondering what everyones thoughts are on a situation like this, as im sure we can all agree there are those out there carrying that have never even used the gun they are carrying and possibly have never fired a gun in their life, but carry to feel safe.

In my opinion, if you gift someone a gun its on you to train that person to use it if you know that they might lack the knowledge of using it.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: ECFirearms

I can respect that, and I certainly didnt mean to ruffle any feathers around here with my previous responses. What frustrates me is after every mass shooting when the right will double down on protecting their gun rights, when instead they should be trying to help figure out ways to stop this from happening in the first place. Im certainly not anti-2nd amendment and have hunted and fished my entire life, it just seems like they should at least try to do something about the number of shooting deaths each year.

Whats the point of just giving up and taking the “there is nothing anyone can do about it” approach? We need to work together on common sense issues, having 40 weapons and 12 bump stocks like the Vegas shooter isnt common sense to me.

One last point, alot of you guys focus on the micro and always point out these terrorist attacks, but its not all about just these isolated incidents. I completely agree that alot of these wouldnt have been prevented to begin with. You need to look at the bigger picture on how many people are dieing in this country every year compared to other countries. You cant tell me the United States has more evil people than these other countries as the reason.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Wrong! Youve been watching too many Steven Seagal movies. This isnt Hollywood where some guy takes down a terrorist with his little concealed carry pistol he’s hiding in his sock. How many times do you think they actually save someones life compared to how many people have been killed?

It’s your Hollywood Liberals that are promoting and glorifying gun violence. Again, if you want to talk gun control, start with the entertainment industry. Reality tv sucks, but at least there’s no body count compared to your made for shows and movies, unless of course your watching Cops. And we all know that these are fine outstanding citizens to begin with. The one gun control law that probably actually applied here and worked was that prevented him from buying a gun due to citizenship. But that law did not stop him from killing in mass numbers.

As I stated in an earlier debate with you concerning Vega, it was only a matter of time before this type of attack was going to happen in the US and this will not be the last. And the right situation will result in much higher numbers. How could we forget the young children in Oklahoma, didn’t their lives matter because they were killed by a truck bomb. It’s only a matter of time.

I called you out because you and Oaxaca don’t have any problem chirping when a gun is involved but yet you remain silent till called out. What about Colorado, you going to tell us that a guy with his little concealed carry gun couldn’t have made a difference? You don’t know what is being carried for conceal. I’m sure some are carrying more than enough stopping power thru the windshield of pickup. I would bet that you would never sit long enough behind a windshield if a guy with one of those little concealed carry handguns pointing your direction.

And last, what about the world wide web, is this not as deadly as any gun, where do you think these guys become radicalized from. Go ahead an argue all you want, but I think your arguing to the wrong crowd.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.