Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting NW IA meat locker

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Can anyone recommend me a good clean and inexpensive place to take my deer in NW IA?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: webenic

Can anyone recommend me a good clean and inexpensive place to take my deer in NW IA?

Good, clean, and cheap ??? That’s asking a lot. The places I like are good and clean but not “cheap” whatever you call cheap. With that said, I like Forbes at spirit lake for doing my burger, don’t care for their sticks. Our group takes our gun season deer to skogland in west bend. They are really good, but not cheap or fast, take 3-6 months to get our meat back. I’ve never taken any to the locker in RuthveN but have had some meat from there and it was good, have heard good reviews from there too.

Up
    Down

Good locker at Cherokee, Cherokee locker, or Remsen processing in Remsen. I took my meat to Remsen for summer sausage and sticks and was told 30 days till pickup. That’s not bad.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Holstein does excellent work.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I would second the suggestion of Skoglund’s Meats in West Bend. Their deer sticks are pretty good.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: berettadouble

this is the best locker (Tiefenthaler Locker) I have ever purchased food from. The have awards for the best bacon in Iowa and their skinless brats are wonderful. We have used them for deer processing and it has always been great. When you take your deer there, make sure you pick up some bacon, brat and anything else that trips your trigger.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I always liked Jake’s Meat Locker at Sibley, Iowa you get your own deer back and his sticks and the job he does is great. Another one is the locker at Alton, Iowa don’t remember the name.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: sensquid

this is the best locker (Tiefenthaler Locker) I have ever purchased food from. The have awards for the best bacon in Iowa and their skinless brats are wonderful. We have used them for deer processing and it has always been great. When you take your deer there, make sure you pick up some bacon, brat and anything else that trips your trigger.

They are excellent!

Babc ock locker in Alton also does a really good job

Cheap…maybe not but the products are excellent!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the help. I say cheap because 90% of my meat will likely be ground and I don’t want to spend a lot just to have it ground. I’ll make a few calls if I have some time this afternoon!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Just dropped off 35lbs of boned out deer meat at the Cherokee locker. I have taken deer meat there every year for the past 5 years, he does an outstanding job and is very reasonable with his prices. Only making summer sausage this year and he told me it would be 2-3 weeks.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have taken mine to Skoglunds in West Bend for years. All of the deer products are good, sticks, weiners, bologna, summer sausage and breakfast links are outstanding. Make sure to try his deer bacon that is new this year, they gave me some to try when I dropped my bow buck off and its fantastic. It does take a while to get it back but worth it. My daughter shot her first deer last night, a nice doe, I called Skoglunds and they came down on Sunday evening and met me at the locker to get it in the cooler because of the warm weather, good customer service in my book!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Quote by: sensquid

They are excellent!

Babc ock locker in Alton also does a really good job

Cheap…maybe not but the products are excellent!

Babc o c k is great in alton. Not cheap but good

Participant
    Up
    Down

I dropped two deer off at Bab*censored*’s on 12/8 and they called me yesterday 12/15 that I could get them. That’s pretty darn fast. The BBQ rough cut jerky is really good. My kids love the sticks with cheese and I also get summer sausage with cheese.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.