Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation NRA Visa Card

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

Quote by: gellar

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

Quote by: Spionhund

it isnt just Sheels. DU has a credit card through First Bank.

https://wallethub.com/credit-cards/first-national-bank-of-omaha-13003011i/

I quit supporting DU a while back…..it’s nothing more than a huge money grab.

Sadly, I had to stop supporting them as well. When they fired Don Thomas for writing about stream access issues and public land transfers to a very large DU donor they lost me. It was clear they supported their few large donors and not the public land duck hunter.

This was a HUGE problem, especially for people out west, and brought to light a lot of truth to what goes on with their finances. It also brought to light the fact that it took Trout Unlimited members bombarding their organization with disbelief before they ultimately changed their opinion and supported Don instead of DU on the issue. These to me are much bigger issues, pretending to be something that you’re not, than an individual or a corporation being honest and voicing their opinion on guns.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Quote by: bryan

You also now have two less major airlines to choose from.

Here is some political pressure on Delta.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/georgia-lt-gov-will-kill-delta-tax-break-unless-airline-restores-nra-ties.html

Participant

So is every one going to stop shopping at dick’s sporting goods?? now that they will no longer sell ar’s or high capacity mags?

Participant

Quote by: walleye+jim

So is every one going to stop shopping at dick’s sporting goods?? now that they will no longer sell ar’s or high capacity mags?

Been in that store a few times to kill some time. Didn’t see the need to spend any cash there. The store sucks IMO and this just makes them look like cowards

Participant

Quote by: walleye+jim

Nope business as usual because I never shopped there to begin with.

Participant

Being devil’s advocate here, won’t the ranges be peaceful when they ban ARs? I know I should be all worked up about muh rights but I have a tremendous immunity to being butthurt.

Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Quote by: 1luckyguy

Which airlines?

Edit*** Nevermind, found it. (United and Delta)

Just so we are all clear…”boycotting” and no longer giving discounts to, is not the same thing. Personally, I hold the 1st Amendment in the same regard as the 2nd Amendment.
    Be American and avoid the dramatic.

Good point :-/

Guess sometime it takes some reminding that we cant have things both ways.

RE: Dick’s

I thinknthe store sucks, but I wouldnt boycott a store and take food from employees mouths for corporate decisions. Some people need the job to survive.

I am a NRA member and veteran, but I still find it hard to justify civilian ownership of automatic weapons and high capacity magazines.

The argument ” To be able to arm ourselves against the government” doesnt fly with me. Unless I can start buying fighter jets and nuclear weapons, I dont see my automatic and high capacity magazines doing me much good.
    The only argument that gets me thinking is the ” slippery slope” argument.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

The argument ” To be able to arm ourselves against the government” doesnt fly with me. Unless I can start buying fighter jets and nuclear weapons, I dont see my automatic and high capacity magazines doing me much good.

This is the entire original argument for the 2A.

“A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a FREE STATE – George Mason

Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist 28 that if the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense,â right which he declared to be paramount. James Madison said in 1789 that â A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country. And as to the meaning of the word â militia, it has nothing to do with the National Guard/Military, there is already a clause in the Constitution that specifically authorizes arming them. Zacharia Johnson, a delegate to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, summed up the meaning of the Second Amendment when he declared that the people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them. Full possession. Not some. Not most. Full possession of their weapons. The feds were to keep their hands off entirely.

The Founders made it very clear what the Second Amendment means. But if we do not fight against any and all attempts by the feds to infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms, then it loses all relevant meaning.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Which airlines?

Just so we are all clear…”boycotting” and no longer giving discounts to, is not the same thing. Personally, I hold the 1st Amendment in the same regard as the 2nd Amendment.

I thinknthe store sucks, but I wouldnt boycott a store and take food from employees mouths for corporate decisions. Some people need the job to survive.

I am a NRA member and veteran, but I still find it hard to justify civilian ownership of automatic weapons and high capacity magazines.

Civilian ownership of fully automatic weapons already is highly regulated under the NFA and is next to impossible unless you have large sums of money.

Did you mean to say that you can’t justify civilian ownership of semi-auto weapons? Many of us use semi-auto shotguns when pheasant and duck hunting for quick follow-up shots. They also are useful for coyote and other forms of predator hunting.

Participant

Which airlines?

When did this become about “automatic” weapons?

Participant

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Which airlines?

Civilian ownership of fully automatic weapons already is highly regulated under the NFA and is next to impossible unless you have large sums of money.

Did you mean to say that you can’t justify civilian ownership of semi-auto weapons? Many of us use semi-auto shotguns when pheasant and duck hunting for quick follow-up shots. They also are useful for coyote and other forms of predator hunting.

No, I meant fully auto.

Participant

This is the entire original argument for the 2A.

“A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a FREE STATE – George Mason

Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist 28 that if the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense,â right which he declared to be paramount. James Madison said in 1789 that â A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country. And as to the meaning of the word â militia, it has nothing to do with the National Guard/Military, there is already a clause in the Constitution that specifically authorizes arming them. Zacharia Johnson, a delegate to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, summed up the meaning of the Second Amendment when he declared that the people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them. Full possession. Not some. Not most. Full possession of their weapons. The feds were to keep their hands off entirely.

The Founders made it very clear what the Second Amendment means. But if we do not fight against any and all attempts by the feds to infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms, then it loses all relevant meaning.

I completly understand. This is where my struggle is.

Participant

Quote by: bigbuckhunter88

Which airlines?

When did this become about “automatic” weapons?

It really had nothing to do with the Dicks issue. It has just been discussed before and went along with my thoughts on high capacity magazines.

Before this gets out of had. This is just MY opinions and thoughts on it. I am entitled to it and wont argue it. Like wise I respect other peoples opinions.

Participant

I have a Scheels platinum card and am going to look into getting a replacement for it. Might go back to the Cabela’s card, I used to have one but started using the Scheels card because I go there more often than a Cabelas but I use the internet more now so it’s a moot point.

Participant

Quote by: Mr.Seaguar

Being devil’s advocate here, won’t the ranges be peaceful when they ban ARs? I know I should be all worked up about muh rights but I have a tremendous immunity to being butthurt.

I don’t know, they might go back to their tactical 308 sniper rifles to the 50 yard range.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.