Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Not Iowa but shows whats going to happen about fishing for common carp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Connecticut Fish & Wildlife have just announced the following new regulations for the creation of trophy carp waters and limits on the taking of carp from all other state waters.

COMMON CARP
    There is now a creel limit of 5 common carp per day, with no more than 1 fish greater than 30 inches in length, except in Trophy Carp Waters.

TROPHY CARP WATERS
    Batterson Park Pond, Connecticut River (including the portions of tributaries open year-round), Squantz Pond and West Thompson Reservoir are designated as Trophy Carp Waters with a one carp per day creel limit and a 26 inch maximum length for Common Carp.

“This is a true milestone & recognition for the work that the Carp Anglers Group has been doing behind the scenes over many years. I’ll be making another post later to thank those who helped make this possible!”
    :mrgreen:

Participant

I would be highly pissed if that happened here.

Participant

Amen, kill em’ all!

Participant

I think Iowa should send them a few tons for stocking. :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: speng5

When it happens here* B)

Bluegill MikeBluegill Mike
    Participant

Ship them pair of carp from Illinois River, will fix their issue on limit.

Participant

How will they be able to commercially fish the Mississippi River? Or would it only be on certain bodies of water?

Participant

Bow fishing is pretty popular in Iowa. That group might have as much to say about this as the carp anglers association. It’s hard to release a fish over 30 inches when it has been stuck with an arrow.

Participant

Quote by: TedBugle

Quote by: speng5

When it happens here* B)

It won’t. See below:

Quote by: fowl_attitude

Bow fishing is pretty popular in Iowa. That group might have as much to say about this as the carp anglers association. It’s hard to release a fish over 30 inches when it has been stuck with an arrow.

^^^ This.

Lots of bowfisherman and some are pretty well organized. The small number of people that would support carp “regulations” is not even close to the number of bowfishmen and women in Iowa. Not even close.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

I see PETA is back in the house….

Participant

I hope they pass laws like that here. Nothing I love more than civil disobedience. Something terrible must have happened to Tedbugle when he was a child. I wonder if he was raised by carp or dropped on his head into lead paint or what.

Participant

Quote by: fowl_attitude

That’s not true, I’ve seen thousands of Carps throwed back with an arrow hole in them.

Participant

Quote by: Mr.Seaguar

I hope they pass laws like that here. Nothing I love more than civil disobedience. Something terrible must have happened to Tedbugle when he was a child. I wonder if he was raised by carp or dropped on his head into lead paint or what.

No need to insult the guy……….. I don’t agree with his opinion but don’t see a need to hate on him because of it……..

Participant

Quote by: Gorilla

No need to insult the guy……….. I don’t agree with his opinion but don’t see a need to hate on him because of it……..

‘Murica.

stick500stick500
    Participant

That’s not true, I’ve seen thousands of Carps throwed back with an arrow hole in them.

Yeh, one can do that here in IA, but it’s illegal in MN and WI to throw back a shot carp.

Some of the poor SOBs survive if they don’t get hit in the vitals and it stops bleeding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.